[FAQ] Problems with VBO export

All threads that are outdated (e. g. problem with an older version that was replaced by a new one) are moved here.
User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9010
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Siegum, Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 378 times
Contact:

Re: [FAQ] Problems with VBO export

Postby Harry » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:52 pm

LapTimer has what is called "predictive lap timing" since 2007. Maybe it has been the first lap timer to feature this ;-)
In LapTimer it is named "gap analysis", your current lap's gap to a reference lap is displayed e.g. in Timer and Racer's View.

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
9000Redline
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:43 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: [FAQ] Problems with VBO export

Postby 9000Redline » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:16 pm

I thought HLT displayed deltas per sector only, not in real time everywhere. But I am probably wrong and you are right :)

I have trouble reading my lap timer anyhow, too small on my iPhone5. I would appreciate a feature to change the layout of what the lap timer presents (would probably only display delta), also a voice that can read out deltas.

I realise you have a feature request thread so I'll stop my ramblings here


User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9010
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Siegum, Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 378 times
Contact:

Re: [FAQ] Problems with VBO export

Postby Harry » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 pm

The Timer view will receive a rework with bigger digits (and less information) in the next release. There is a feature request thread on this available already.

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
User avatar
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★
Posts: 755
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:22 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: [FAQ] Problems with VBO export

Postby bulls23 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:37 pm

As Harry and gplracery already know, I had some trouble with my VBOX Sport hardware which led to playing around and comparing VBO files exported from HLT and VBOs directly logged to the SD card. For me the export to VBO from HLT does not work at all at the moment. Only after some modifications it will work just fine. Here's what works for me:
- exporting to VBO
- opening vbo in Notepad++
- converting EOL to windows
- deleting empty lines (for me it made a difference to first do the EOL stuff and then removing empty lines, the other way ropund would lead to corrupt data)
- adding two empty lines between the first line: File created... and [header]
- adding an empty line before each [...]
- modifying the [column names] part so every column title is on a separate line instead of all inline
- making sure the last data line also ends with CR LF

These steps give me a file that looks just like the ones from the VBOX Sport and especially editing the column names part does the job. So the last 4 steps are just to mimic an original VBO file.
See attached files.
Attachments
VBO.zip
(148.88 KiB) Downloaded 99 times


User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9010
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Siegum, Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 378 times
Contact:

Re: [FAQ] Problems with VBO export

Postby Harry » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Update on the VBO format issues:

I have checked with bull23 on the VBO samples and detachment scenarios. As excepted in the initial post, it is about a problem with detaching the file using several Windows mail programs. VBO files need to come with so call CRLF line ends, something generated by LapTimer and common in the Windows world. The problem is that Windows mailer see a plain text file sent by a Unix system (iOS, Android) and assume it follows the LF line end convention used here. So during detachment any CRLF sequence is converted to CRCRLF - which in turn cannot be opened by Circuit Tools.

So despite all the work arounds with additional spaces before line ends, removal of empty lines, and break down of [columns] into lines discussed lately, the only problem is the one mentioned in the first post. Workarounds are outlined in this initial post and require you to remove the CRs added accidentally using Notepad++ or TextWrangler. There is one more workaround that can be used: export the max scope (typically the complete lap's session) to generate a file bigger than 1 MB. This will make LapTimer compress the too large file using gzip. This in turn works around the faulty plain text conversion by Windows.

In addition to this, we have found a fix (or actually a workaround for this odd Windows behavior) that will go into LapTimer v18.2.x (not v18.2.0, this one is submitted to Apple already). The trick will be to declare the file to not be a plain text file but an application specific type.

- Harry


Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9010
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Siegum, Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 378 times
Contact:

Re: [FAQ] Problems with VBO export

Postby Harry » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Please post to this topic only in case it is related to the known issues mentioned in the initial post. In case it is not (but some other VBO topic), please start a new topic.

- Harry


Image Image Image Image

Return to “Outdated”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest