LapTimer v24 available for Android (Beta)

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

LapTimer v24 available for Android (Beta)

Post by Harry »

Dear friends of LapTimer,

Today, we make betas of version 24 apps available for Android. This betas are made available on PlayStore using "public beta testing". This means you can load the beta without registration using the links below. As always, please load the base version you bought initially. If e.g. you purchased Petrolhead and upgraded it to GrandPrix later, use the Petrolhead link.

Opt-in links to public betas (open from your smartphone please):
Please note this is beta software. While it comes with a bunch of fixes and improvements, it may introduce new problems. For any issue you run into, please send a mail to Harry@gps-laptimer.de. You can return to v23 production versions at any time.

Here are the changes since v23:
  • Reworked all logging format importers (VBO, GPX, NMEA), added support for as-is imports (VBO, NMEA)
  • Refactor all dialogs, fixed dead locks
  • Fixed VEEPEAK OBD adapter recognition
  • Fixed a bug in track set conflict resolving
  • Fixed issue with in-app http pages (Android 8 and later)
  • Added adaptive app icons (Android 8 and later)
  • Fixed Mail and Dropbox file attachment (Android 10 and later)
  • Updated version of video processing library
  • Allow manual track selection in Status if either Manual Timing is enabled or Performance View is selected
  • Fast speed range selection for Performance View
  • Fixed a bug that made app crash during startup (Android 5)
  • Added sector and lap time display to video overlays again
  • Massive refactoring in several areas
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer v24 available (Beta)

Post by Harry »

New beta version with build date Jul 9 2020 uploaded. To see the build date, start the app and follow Administration ‣ Settings. Switch Display/Details to Expert first and tap the info icon in the top right afterwards. This will show the startup screen with build date right behind the version number.

Changes:

- Fixed crashes which occurred when selecting buttons in various dialogs (including Load Track)
- Added setting for HERO8
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer v24 available for Android (Beta)

Post by Harry »

New beta version with build date Aug 10 2020 uploading currently. To see the build date, start the app and follow Administration ‣ Settings. Switch Display/Details to Expert first and tap the info icon in the top right afterwards. This will show the startup screen with build date right behind the version number.

Changes:

- Fixed class cast exception (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5741&p=27735#p27735)
- Adjusted download URL (gps-laptimer.com to downloads.gps-laptimer.de)
- fixed delta display of temperatures when using Fahrenheit
- linked to new Splunk MINT crash repository
- fixed crash when restoring a database
- added support for the airVentDisplay (BMW e46 m3 GNSS and engine adapter)
- added track subtype for Water
- updated traditional Chinese translation
- improved tracing of sensor filters
- added support for OBDLink SX and EX wired sensors
- added additional tracing for auto focus handling
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

New beta version with build date Aug 12 2020 and build number 244 uploading currently. This is an update for Rookie only!

Changes in build 244:

- fixed Proguard exceptions for last Rookie beta (crash during startup)
- simplified auto focus and fixed focus handling, added unconditional initial trigger for focussing
- added build number to startup screen for ALPHA and BETA versions, added build number to system information
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dear testers,

I plan to close the beta soon and release v24 to production.
In case you have any feedback to give, please do so now. Either here on this thread or by mail Harry@gps-laptimer.de

Thank you!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
deja100
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by deja100 »

Did some test runs on the public roads with both the EX and SX and both performed flawlessly. I captured video via my GoPro Hero 4 and was able to encode the video with all data overlaid properly. My next track event is September 12-13 so I'll put it through the full testing on track then. :)
Drahthaar
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Drahthaar »

Ran my data from a couple weeks back at Blackhawk through it and I can export the data files and backup now. But it seems to occasionally lose the linear acceleration data when exporting .KML One export is fine. Export the same data again and half of the linear acceleration is missing. Export it again and it will be back. I don't know if it is the file or Google Earth that has the issue. I haven't found a pattern to it yet. All of the other data appears to be fine.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Drahthaar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:45 pm Ran my data from a couple weeks back at Blackhawk through it and I can export the data files and backup now. But it seems to occasionally lose the linear acceleration data when exporting .KML One export is fine. Export the same data again and half of the linear acceleration is missing. Export it again and it will be back. I don't know if it is the file or Google Earth that has the issue. I haven't found a pattern to it yet. All of the other data appears to be fine.
I assume this is a display problem in Google Earth. I have seen this for elevated landscapes in particular, sometimes the track line (gray) or linear acceleration line (red/green) is slightly below surface.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Drahthaar
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Drahthaar »

Harry wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:40 am
Drahthaar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:45 pm Ran my data from a couple weeks back at Blackhawk through it and I can export the data files and backup now. But it seems to occasionally lose the linear acceleration data when exporting .KML One export is fine. Export the same data again and half of the linear acceleration is missing. Export it again and it will be back. I don't know if it is the file or Google Earth that has the issue. I haven't found a pattern to it yet. All of the other data appears to be fine.
I assume this is a display problem in Google Earth. I have seen this for elevated landscapes in particular, sometimes the track line (gray) or linear acceleration line (red/green) is slightly below surface.

- Harry
Thank you, that appears to be the issue in this case. I generated some new files yesterday and they seem to be working correctly.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Update:

I'm uploading a new beta currently. Actually it is the expected release version 24. Release versions have all speed optimizations turned on and they have logging removed. I will wait for a short time before this "beta" is propagated to release.

Thanks for your feedback and support!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image