LapTimer v22 roll out this week

News and updates from the author // Read only
Tom_M135i
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: LapTimer v22 roll out this week

Post by Tom_M135i »

Hi Harry,

New software release is great, very noticeable improvement in lag on the OBD data.
I’ve got a BMW and difficult to find PID codes for braking, steering angle etc. It would be a great feature at some point in the future if there was a way of monitoring a range of PIDs so that it might be possible to figure out which ones correspond to certain functions.
In principle the software could prompt the user to hit the brake pedal or rotate the steering wheel (while parked probably !) and look to see which PIDs change value ?
Just an idea, love the app and I need to do more track days !

Cheers,

Tom
micblom
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by micblom »

Can we disable brake-display for cars not providing this as a channel? I'd rather have no data than implausible (braking in Carussell and such).

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not yet. LapTimer uses negative longitudinal acceleration to calculate braking. Air resistance is calculated from your car’s front surface, cW values and speed. In addition, a certain threshold is applied to not get a braking display while coasting. I do not see a special situation like carousel should generate issues. Please check a) a correct mounting position (check zero longitudinal acceleration while standing still) and front surface / cW values for your car.

I will wait for some more feedback before I start adding tweaks, please allow some months to collect that.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
micblom
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by micblom »

I had CW and Front Area defined. I have the display of throttle and brake simultaneously a lot.

G-Force seems plausible: https://imgur.com/a/ZgyrDzN an option to be able to translate, not just rotate it would be great.

Video example here: https://youtu.be/cJc4oBHkq8M

Update rate and sync are great, although I suspect some effect on Accelerator data, it is not as snappy as I am used to.
Cdinmb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Cdinmb »

Will there be support for the GoPro Hero 7?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Cdinmb wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:09 am Will there be support for the GoPro Hero 7?
Select HERO 6 BE/SE as cam type currently. We will add a HERO 7 entry for v23.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image