We have just started LapTimer v22 roll out. The wave is starting with LapTimer Petrolhead. The Android version will get available in a few hours, the iOS version will need to pass Apple's review first. Expect 24 to 48 hours here. All other LapTimer editions plus Harry's Camper, Sailor, GPS/OBD Buddy will follow later this week.
The list of changes is listed below.
Enjoy!Welcome to version 22 of Harry's LapTimer. This major release has a special focus on faster and broader sensor support. As a special feature, you can define the data storage rate independent from sensor update rates. As an example, even the internal GPS can give you smooth 10 Hz recordings now. A detailed list of changes is available below. Please report any issues directly to Harry@gps-laptimer.de or post on forum.gps-laptimer.de.
- Variable recording rates using splined interpolation (e.g. 5 or 10 Hz)
- Full brake pressure support
- Refactored existing code to allow flexible configuration
- Automatic bus type detection, all optimizations are done automatically
- Support for custom PIDs, formula based evaluation (experimental)
- Added support for physical ECU addressing, major speed improvement
- Improved OBD debugging support
- Further update rate improvements
- End to end sensor data queuing minimizing real time effects
- Support for extended channels: gear, odometer, brake pressure, individual
wheel speed, steering wheel angle and rate - requires scripting or
- Support for ReDrive sensor
- Support for Cycling Speed and Cadence (CSC) sensors
- Disabled generic sensor configuration
- Support for VC601 TPMS sensors (experimental)
- Lots of User Interface refinements
- Hall of Fame filtering by Group
- Further iPhoneX layout improvements [iOS]
- Edmunds support removed (discontinued by Edmunds)
- Support for low rpm vehicles
- Precision wheel circumference settings
- Added Smart Bike section to Vehicle Details
- Added brake pressure to video overlays
- Update to watchOS 3.0 (no functional changes)
- Added entries for HERO6 BE and HERO 2018
- Fixed "decoder busy" issue
- Avg. speed calculation uses standard configuration track length
- Full session video overlays improved
Optimizations, fixes, and minor improvements all over the place.