PUSH SmartGauge

News and updates from the author // Read only
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: PUSH SmartGauge

Post by holzheia »

I found the html javascript tool in this post at http://gallenitr.com/PUSHconvert.html really good.

Some of the push files however create a utc number (field 3 of data type 49 entries) with 7 digits instead of 8. This number is used to convert to hh:mm:ss and then with 2 decimal places for fractions of a second. If the utc number is only 7 digits including the decimal places then the time zone conversion fails and a gpx file isn't created. It appears to deduct 10 from the hh component, so it fails on a single digit number.

I got around this by running a powershell script to add 10000.00 to every entry this data field, and modifying the date header in the CDF file to reflect the correct time.

This is clunky I know but I'm no javascript coder so it'll have to do for now. At least it creates gpx files that I can import into LapTimer and use.

If you have any push files you want converted let me know and I'll be happy to help. I know how frustrating it is having a new tool and not be able to use it. The device itself seems pretty good so it's a shame they're not continuing with it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It would be great to have the script fixed instead of running a post processing on the post processing ;-) @sakkakth can you please ask your technical guy to add the missing zero? Should be easy to do.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by holzheia »

I have modified the original javascript that was at http://gallenite.com/PUSHconvert.html so that it can handle single digit values for hh in the utc data field. Feel free to try it out at http://ridalyze.com. I have acknowledged the original source of the code and trust that's the right protocol?
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

Will do!
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

holzheia wrote:I found the html javascript tool in this post at http://gallenitr.com/PUSHconvert.html really good.

Some of the push files however create a utc number (field 3 of data type 49 entries) with 7 digits instead of 8. This number is used to convert to hh:mm:ss and then with 2 decimal places for fractions of a second. If the utc number is only 7 digits including the decimal places then the time zone conversion fails and a gpx file isn't created. It appears to deduct 10 from the hh component, so it fails on a single digit number.

I got around this by running a powershell script to add 10000.00 to every entry this data field, and modifying the date header in the CDF file to reflect the correct time.

This is clunky I know but I'm no javascript coder so it'll have to do for now. At least it creates gpx files that I can import into LapTimer and use.

If you have any push files you want converted let me know and I'll be happy to help. I know how frustrating it is having a new tool and not be able to use it. The device itself seems pretty good so it's a shame they're not continuing with it.
Can you provide a copy of a CDF that isn't working with the webpage? :)
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by holzheia »

If anyone has a push Smartgauge that they no longer want, then I'll buy it. Just get in touch through the forum or email data@ridalyze.com.
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

Can i get a cdf plz with the different numbers than my creates?
Craig86
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Craig86 »

So I noticed PUSH uploaded a video on YouTube yrsteterday. I'm not sure what to think of that, but I know they have been taking orders (and money) without delivering a product.

I read through all the posts but I'm not too savvy with all the scripting and stuff. Did anyone ever come up with an easy enduser method of looking at data from the device?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Craig86 wrote:So I noticed PUSH uploaded a video on YouTube yrsteterday. I'm not sure what to think of that, but I know they have been taking orders (and money) without delivering a product.

I read through all the posts but I'm not too savvy with all the scripting and stuff. Did anyone ever come up with an easy enduser method of looking at data from the device?
The above option is the best one available. Usually cloud based systems become unusable once a provider is going out of business, so this conversion is actually great luck! :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

I let the domain my original link was on lapse.

Here is one that should be around for awhile:

http://www.catneri.com/PUSHconvert.html