PUSH SmartGauge

News and updates from the author // Read only
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: PUSH SmartGauge

Post by sakkakth »

I get data for csv, kmz, vbo, and hlptrz, but the gpx is nothing. I tried it on both android and ios. I would like to get the gpx file so I have a reference of what the PUSH data needs to look like when converted to gpx.

Here is a link the the hlt if that is helpful?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1LG6 ... jlFNFJmWG8
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

Actually better yet, here is a hlt that has 3 laps, the previous one only had 1 lap.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1LG6 ... 3I4Wks5Vms

and the csv:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1LG6 ... kxWWWxlanc
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Have the 3 laps provided been recorded using the PUSH Smart Gauge? Great data precision but it looks like the positions imported do not have the fix status set correctly... I assume that most functions will work fine, but the GPX export does not. That's the reason you got this empty file. That's a problem with LapTimer which has not been discovered so far. I attach a link to some other GPX file below - you can use it to understand the format required. I will add a fix for the GPX import so the above issues does not occur for future versions. Please watch release notes to see if the fix is included.

Sample GPX (10 laps in Spa Francorchamps recorded at 5 Hz):
http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimer-02 ... 303.gpx.gz

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

Hi Harry,

Yes, that data is from Push when the servers were working back in September.

Thank you very much for the reference file! I'll keep and eye out for the fix in future updates. I appreciate your help with this, really hoping I can continue to use the Push if I can get it to the GPX format since it certainly wasn't cheap. :) I think it was one of the mostly costly addons that's on my little Ninja 250! :lol:
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

If you want to use this I suggest downloading the HTML file as I take no responsibility for hosting this file long term. Is it 100% accurate? Honestly, I'm not sure.... Is it better than a $400 paperweight? I think so. I've only tested it with one track unfortunately.

Feel free to mod the code further.

http://www.gallenite.com/PUSHconvert.html

How to use it:
Download the html file
Open it in a browser of your choice (only tested with Chrome)
Attach the PUSH to your computer, it will be recognized as an external drive. You can access the CDF files from within this drive.
Drag a CDF from the PUSH gauge to the large circle that says CDF on the website file
This converts the files to a gpx and automatically downloads it
Email the file to yourself or put the file on something like Google Drive
Click the emailed/uploaded file from your mobile device
It should open Harry's and import as expect
kannaiah
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kannaiah »

I guess someone posted work to convert CDF files to gpx on upwork.
I did not get the work but I have already got the script working which can be found at

https://github.com/kannaiah/cdf2gpx/blo ... cdf2gpx.py

Instructions assuming you have python installed

pip install gpxpy
pip install tzlocal

python cdf2gpx.py aa.cdf

above command generates aa.gpx format.
Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,
Kanna
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by holzheia »

sakkakth wrote:If you want to use this I suggest downloading the HTML file as I take no responsibility for hosting this file long term. Is it 100% accurate? Honestly, I'm not sure.... Is it better than a $400 paperweight? I think so. I've only tested it with one track unfortunately.

Feel free to mod the code further.

http://www.gallenite.com/PUSHconvert.html

How to use it:
Download the html file
Open it in a browser of your choice (only tested with Chrome)
Attach the PUSH to your computer, it will be recognized as an external drive. You can access the CDF files from within this drive.
Drag a CDF from the PUSH gauge to the large circle that says CDF on the website file
This converts the files to a gpx and automatically downloads it
Email the file to yourself or put the file on something like Google Drive
Click the emailed/uploaded file from your mobile device
It should open Harry's and import as expect

Hi Sakkath,

This is very helpful thanks for sharing! It worked a treat on my first PUSH CDF file. For some reason though it won't work the same on subsequent ones on the same smartgauge. They are all sessions from the same day and I can only assume the data on the gauge is good. I'm no scripting expert so was wondering if you can tell me if there's a trick to use it for all my data files? I used chrome like you said. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Ash.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please clarify where the problem occurs and what it is.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by holzheia »

I have identified that the html CDF to gpx converter has a problem when the third field of the 49 data type lines is 7 digits (including 2 decimal places) instead of 8. It translates them in to hh:mm:ss and then with 2 decimal places for fractions of a second. The push unit seems to log the hours field as a single digit if less than 10. I'm guessing it's quite easy to change the javascript to be able to handle this but at this stage I haven't got it working so any help would be awesome.
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by holzheia »

Harry wrote:Please clarify where the problem occurs and what it is.

- Harry
Hi Harry,

It appears to be a problem with the utc field. The html javascript expects an 8 digit number for the time format hh:mm:ss then 2 decimal places. It then deducts 10 hours which is probably a timezone thing. If the hh digits equal less than 10 then I guess it can't handle this exception? In a lot of my CDF data files the utc field is only 7 digits, so the hh field equates to less than 10. It's probably easy to modify the javascript code but I haven't had any luck as yet.