PUSH SmartGauge

News and updates from the author // Read only
JRobles
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: PUSH SmartGauge

Post by JRobles »

Hello Everyone, it seems new Administration is taking over from PUSH Inc and smartgauge will be working again!...Just expect to have everything Up/run by next month. Just sharing...
sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sakkakth »

Hopefully new admin doesn't bind users to a cloud based conversion this time and screw us all (again) if they don't succeed.
Craig86
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Craig86 »

JRobles wrote:Hello Everyone, it seems new Administration is taking over from PUSH Inc and smartgauge will be working again!...Just expect to have everything Up/run by next month. Just sharing...
That's interesting news, where did you hear about this? I've haven't heard anything, there's no announcement on their website and all their social media continues to be silent. The app is no longer available on the App Store either.

If they do get the gauge working i'll most likely sell mine unless they make it stand alone and not require a server for data transfer
Kevin7909
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Kevin7909 »

Hi everyone:

Does anyone still have the push app on their device? I have a few questions.

Thanks!
Craig86
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Craig86 »

Kevin7909 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 pm Hi everyone:

Does anyone still have the push app on their device? I have a few questions.

Thanks!
Yes I still have the app
Kevin7909
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Kevin7909 »

Hi Craig:

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I bought this device new from push and it was pricey and I would like it to work as intended. I ride track as well(MSRH, COTA, TWS before it closed).

Are you in or around Houston, TX by chance?

When you setup Bluetooth to talk to the push smartgauge, what 4 digit code do you use? I do not have this information and would really appreciate any help.

I also do not have the app (did an update on my iPhone and since there was no app on the app store I lost the app) and I want to sniff the packets and see if I can write an app that will allow us to get the files locally through bluetooth.

I am not an iPhone expert, but is it possible to backup the app on iTunes or whatever storage (I can give you a log in to an account I make for my phone, an iPhone 5s), and I download it to my phone or something like that?

Also, would it be too much to ask to screen shot the various screens of the app (like the setup screen, etc.) and email them to me? If so I'll PM you my email addy. I am interested in the settings in the app that might not exist on the screen. I lost the app more than a year ago.

I was talking to PUSH about becoming a developer to add motorcycle sensors and so forth and they disappeared before sharing the API with me.

Thank you for your time,
Kevin
Last edited by Kevin7909 on Sat May 18, 2019 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

If I remember correct, the data transfer has been like this: PUSH app pulled data from the device and pushed it to their cloud. When the user selected a recording shown in the PUSH app, it opened a deep link for LapTimer providing a GPX representation LapTimer imported and splitted into laps.

As PUSH is definitely out of business, not only their app is pulled from the store, but the cloud is not available any more either. So I do not really understand why the app should be useful.

Two remaining options:
#1 Use the script presented in the thread (go back 2 pages).
#2 Create a new app pulling the CDF files from the device, converting it to GPX and trigger an import in LapTimer (using a deep link).

I do not see there is a real case for #2, but maybe someone considers this fun. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Kevin7909
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Kevin7909 »

I see your point.

The reason the app is useful is because the SG (smartgauge) includes all the data needed for HLT. So no need for cloud access at all.
My thought process is to connect to the unit via Bluetooth and pull the data wirelessly and import straight into HLT without using any external storage. If I had the app I might be able to sniff enough packets to figure out the messaging protocol and write a program that doesn't need the cloud at all.

The current version of the webpage you mentioned uses a PC to convert the file, then the user emails/dropboxes the file to a phone with HLT, then if the user wants to see their line on a track with a real background, the user (if using android in my experience), must export the file to dropbox or email and then open that file using GE.

What I have done is used the webpage that converts cdf to gpx as a baseline and modified it so that I can use my phone's USB OTG feature and a USB cable and connect to the SG and pull the data onto the phone in GPX format that HLT will then import as soon as it is copied to the phone's memory. This took me one night of coding earlier this week to implement so not too difficult since I've never done javascript before. I do have to choose which file I want to convert so not as plug and play as your #2, but cannot imagine that is difficult to do if desired. But since this works I want the HLT feature to have GE open the files on my android working. Much improved user experience and no PC necessary. The only downside is that using android devices, I have a delay of approximately 6 minutes after connecting the USB cable before the files show up on the phone. Using ios might avoid this delay but I have not explored that option.
manishareddy333
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by manishareddy333 »

Getting pretty frustrating no being able to get the data off the PUSH.
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by holzheia »