Status of HERO5 support

News and updates from the author // Read only
kawasaurex
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Status of HERO5 support

Postby kawasaurex » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Can the LapTimer app handle 2 GoPro cameras to control? I know the GoPro/Quik camera can control more than 1. At the moment I have a Hero3 BE and will be purchasing a Hero5 BE to add to my inventory and would like to know if controlling more than 2 GoPro's is possible.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:08 pm

kawasaurex wrote:Can the LapTimer app handle 2 GoPro cameras to control? I know the GoPro/Quik camera can control more than 1. At the moment I have a Hero3 BE and will be purchasing a Hero5 BE to add to my inventory and would like to know if controlling more than 2 GoPro's is possible.

Not currently. You can remote control one but need to operate the second manually. GoPro just provided the option to connect to more than 1 cam, I cannot say yet when this feature will get available for LapTimer.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image
kawasaurex
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Postby kawasaurex » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Harry.

I'm assuming you have latest GoPro's SDK as I see on the GoPro's website that using the Camera Toolkits for iOS/Android(https://developer.gopro.com/info) will control multiple cameras via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Hopefully you have time to add this feature soon.

-Robert

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:31 am

Yes, I'm aware but not using it currently. GoPro focusses a lot on the latest line and on premium models only. LapTimer's current implementation supports HERO 3/3+/4 and the lower cost options (HD, LCD, etc) on top of the HERO 5 line. Integrating the API is on my list nevertheless - as an alternative.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Announcements”