News and updates from the author // Read only
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Joby Gopro Mount

Post by EvolutionX »

gplracerx wrote:
EvolutionX wrote:
Harry wrote:When using LapTimer GrandPrix with MultiCam / GoPro remote controlling, LapTimer will memorize the relation between laps and videos. So besides turning the external cam on and off, this is the second - and probably bigger benefit when using GP. The only thing you need to take care for when transferring videos from GoPro to smartphone is associating the session video (named Re-Link). This is a comparably easy step to do. Details are available in Video Documentation.

- Harry
Thanks for responding so quick. How do you find the time to work on the app and answer questions here? LOL Can't wait for v20 and I am hoping someday you make an application for the PC so we can import the data to a bigger screen and analyze everything.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
Harry doesn't do Windows. There have been rumors about a possible Mac application. If you just want a bigger screen, get an iPad. HLT runs on an iPad and you don't even have to buy the app again. It's easy enough to transfer data between iOS devices, although video transfer isn't very fast.
I have the ipad mini. I was thinking more of a stand alone app or computer program used mainly for analyzing laps. Something with more options than the app itself. More like the program that came with my Qstarz.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Jello is a big problem with cameras on drones. The solution there is a very soft and springy mount. I don't think anyone makes a similar mount for a smart phone, but maybe you could build one yourself.

See here, for example: http://www.muvee.com/uses/stabilizing-d ... mniWF52FOg

They also sell software that's supposed to fix video. They have a free trial version.
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

gplracerx wrote:Jello is a big problem with cameras on drones. The solution there is a very soft and springy mount. I don't think anyone makes a similar mount for a smart phone, but maybe you could build one yourself.

See here, for example: http://www.muvee.com/uses/stabilizing-d ... mniWF52FOg

They also sell software that's supposed to fix video. They have a free trial version.
I thought of that but I don't want to compromise the acceleration data.

I gave up on my iPhone. I traded it in for the 6s Plus last night just to see but it's just as bad. I will just use the gopros for video.