LapTimer v19 announcement (iOS and Android)

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer v19 announcement (iOS and Android)

Post by Harry »

gplracerx wrote:I like the new accelerometer calibration. The internal camera setting worked like a charm. You might have a little too much yaw in the LHT and RHT presets, though. It looked like about 45 degrees. Using a forced calibration on the individual setting solved that problem, but a straight ahead portrait preset like the internal camera straight ahead landscape preset would be nice.
There are actually two transformations applied: 1) device rotation (rotate whatever portrait / landscape the user selects to one "standard internal" orientation) and 2) yaw/tilt/roll transformation - which is either a preset, or individual, or individual locked. So the presets do not work on different device orientations but after 1) has been applied. This makes the whole process a lot easier to understand when coding this stuff. 8-)

For the actual angles used for tilt and yaw, please check illustration #4 in LapTimer's new Quick Reference. It animates through RHT, LHT, video and motorbike presets. Like any "one size fits all" approach, the presets are finally always wrong. ;-) But they will be better than an individual calibration being off by accident... For advanced users with a fixed mount, a locked individual calibration is the best approach. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

mallinss wrote:Hi Harry,

I just upgraded Petrol Head Edition on my Android to Grand Prix edition, seemed to upgrade OK and payment was fine, but the installed version still reflects the Petrol Head Edition... is this expected or should it have updated to the Grand Prix edition reflected this in the version description ?

Keep up the good work..

Steve
The info screen should give you GrandPrix. In case it doesn't, just repeat the upgrade from Add-ons. You will not be charged twice.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mallinss
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mallinss »

Thanks Harry, all sorted....
tdjohn
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by tdjohn »

Hi Harry - update looks great.

Did the feature to only use an external cam (e.g. Hero 4) without the onboard video make it into this release? I've had a good dig through the settings but can't see it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, has been shifted to the next feature release.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tdjohn
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by tdjohn »

Just playing about with the HR support, I've enabled it in the fitness on iOS to share with HLT - should it show in the sensors? It's a Wahoo TICKR. I restarted the app after connecting the HRM.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

tdjohn wrote:Just playing about with the HR support, I've enabled it in the fitness on iOS to share with HLT - should it show in the sensors? It's a Wahoo TICKR. I restarted the app after connecting the HRM.
HR information is actually not yet treated as a "sensor". Instead, LapTimer accesses the data stored in Health app - just like a database. So if your sensor delivers HR to Heath app, it will be available in LapTimer automatically. You can see it in the Laps chart and it has its own page in Charts too. NB: supported in LapTimer GP only-so if you run Petrolhead, please upgrade in LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tdjohn
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by tdjohn »

Harry wrote:
tdjohn wrote:Just playing about with the HR support, I've enabled it in the fitness on iOS to share with HLT - should it show in the sensors? It's a Wahoo TICKR. I restarted the app after connecting the HRM.
HR information is actually not yet treated as a "sensor". Instead, LapTimer accesses the data stored in Health app - just like a database. So if your sensor delivers HR to Heath app, it will be available in LapTimer automatically. You can see it in the Laps chart and it has its own page in Charts too. NB: supported in LapTimer GP only-so if you run Petrolhead, please upgrade in LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade.

- Harry
Thanks Harry - so the info is only available when looking at the data post lapping, nothing to worry about that I can't see anything now when setting up?

I've always been on the GP Version :)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

tdjohn wrote:
Thanks Harry - so the info is only available when looking at the data post lapping, nothing to worry about that I can't see anything now when setting up?

I've always been on the GP Version :)
:-)
Exactly, no real time information, just during analysis.
Image Image Image Image