Post by Harry »

Please check the post 3 above yours ;-)
Image Image Image Image
FelixEscano
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Setting up car Specifications

Post by FelixEscano »

I have an iPhone 5 with IOS 8, when I try to change the cars specifications like Max Torque, Max RPM, Displacement, etc
It opens a selector where i put the numbers but there is no way to go back and save the information.
I don´t see a back and save button.
Attachments
HLT 01.PNG
HLT 01.PNG (41.44 KiB) Viewed 13393 times
MPoxon
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Issue setting the torque on iOS 8

Post by MPoxon »

Afternoon,

I may be being a bit stupid here but I cannot work out how to enter the torque for the car. I have managed to set the figure but I cannot work out how to set it to go back to edit car. There does not seem to be an accept or OK button. I am having to force close the app and load again to proceed.

Matthew
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting up car Specifications

Post by Harry »

FelixEscano wrote:I have an iPhone 5 with IOS 8, when I try to change the cars specifications like Max Torque, Max RPM, Displacement, etc
It opens a selector where i put the numbers but there is no way to go back and save the information.
I don´t see a back and save button.
Yes, reported already. Please check the update on 18.3.4 above - this version will have the dialog fixed again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue setting the torque on iOS 8

Post by Harry »

MPoxon wrote:Afternoon,

I may be being a bit stupid here but I cannot work out how to enter the torque for the car. I have managed to set the figure but I cannot work out how to set it to go back to edit car. There does not seem to be an accept or OK button. I am having to force close the app and load again to proceed.

Matthew
Yes, reported already. Please check the update on 18.3.4 above - this version will have the dialog fixed again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Nugget69
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Known problems with iOS8 transition

Post by Nugget69 »

I upgraded my iphone 5 to a 6. I restored from a backup using itunes but none of the laptimer data was copied across. Is there a way to do this manually?
Both phones are ios 8.02 and I am using harry's lap timer petrol head edition v18.3.4.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Nugget69 wrote:I upgraded my iphone 5 to a 6. I restored from a backup using itunes but none of the laptimer data was copied across. Is there a way to do this manually?
Both phones are ios 8.02 and I am using harry's lap timer petrol head edition v18.3.4.
Migration using iTunes seems to be done in two steps. The first one transfers the status and information on the apps to re-install, during this time, the device is not accessible. Once this is done, the restoring process is going on in background and music and other app data is transferred, I found LapTimer data is completely restored when you give the process enough time. If e.g. you start up LapTimer before it is fully migrated - this will probably stop transfer of the backup? Anyway, to transfer your data manually, please use a .hlptrl export of all your laps (Lap List -> Export) and send the result to an email account you can read on your new phone. Touch the attachment and select LapTimer to open it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

It looks like all the iOS8 issues have been addressed. Is that correct and there's no reason to delay updating?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Known problems with iOS8 transition

Post by Harry »

Issues introduced by iOS8 are fixed as far as it is possible on app level. There will be another bug fix release shortly, but this one is more on problems I have added :-)

But: there are reports there are intermittent issues with BT connections (again). Both GoPoint and Racelogic reported on this for their BT1 and VBOX Sport. I had only one report on connection issues with a BT1 and a XGPS160 this week. This is actually not an indication the reported issues appear often. I expect Apple to release 8.1 in October, so you may want to wait nevertheless.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Bluetooth problems again! *sigh*

This is sounding like Windows. You don't want to upgrade to a new version until the first service pack is released. I guess I'm in no rush as autocross season is about over and everything seems to be working fairly well with the last version of iOS7. I'm actually more curious to see if the CAN thing in 18.3.5 improves the response from the BT1 with my Mustang, which, as far as I know, does use CAN. I'm getting 4-5 Hz now using an iPhone 4s.