Color code for maps Laptimer and Google Earth

News and updates from the author // Read only
clarets
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by clarets »

I have hunted unsuccessfully for the color code of the maps particularly in the corners.
If red = slower - slower than the reference lap or the ideal
Or does red indicate too much braking?
Same definitions needed for yellow and green.

Can someone point me to the same definitions as used in Google Earth.

Thanks for the help!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Red/yellow/green is lateral acceleration. You can configure the thresholds for green to yellow and yellow to red. Red means high acceleration and should be configured to show up if you reach the limit of your car / motorcycle. The settings are available in LapTimer's Expert Settings and for the iOS version in the Map view configuration in Data Recordings.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
clarets
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Color code for maps Laptimer and Google Earth

Post by clarets »

Thank you for the quick and clear response.
I drive an Audi S5 with no mods other than brakes.
How do I find out the threshold g ability of my car so that I can meaningfully set the measurements in the tools section of the map?
I'm an intermediate driver with little or no technical know how so most people's best guess would be better than mine.
Many thanks for your help.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Color code for maps Laptimer and Google Earth

Post by Harry »

Google is your friend ;-) I found this German test naming between 1.1 and 1.2 G as the max values achievable - depending on the tires used: http://m.sportauto.de/supertest/audi-s5 ... tml?show=2

I'd recommend to not focus on values like this however. Instead, adjust the values so you get all three colors. Select the yellow range to be 0.1 G wide. The goal is to easily understand were the differences are between corners and to see how consistent you can get. One driver can drive the limit, the other is not yet trained to cover the car breaking away. So focussing on absolute limits can be dangerous.

Just my 5cents - I'm not a trainer at all.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image