LapTimer v18 Beta

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer v18 Beta

Post by Harry »

leecavturbo wrote:Sent my email as soon as you posted this, not had pet yet. Have you distributed yet?
You are on the list and should have received a Testflight invitation already (resent it a minute ago). You need to register in Testflight and connect your device. Please check the beta forum access in addition and read the initial post. Sent a note on this too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
i-Zapp
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by i-Zapp »

Thanks Harald – it’s still snowing out now :(, but our first trip of the year is planned in 3 weeks, so that will be my/our first opportunity to test on a motorbike. With the release of V18 (that allows accelerometer-based, lean-angle corrected calculation of lateral Gs), is there as much value in the peripheral GPS units? My assumption is that the GPS is used primarily for position and velocity, and acceleration is based entirely on the iPhone sensors? We've been using the 'recalculation for acceleration' feature that uses the GPS data to calculate accel, and of course the basic iPhone 1 hz rate was too coarse for that. But thinking that the cheaper XGPS 150 might be just fine (vs the 160) if the iPhone GPS is still considered too slow.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As soon as you recalculate acceleration, it is completely based on GPS. The original acceleration samples are replaced by the recording. So 5 Hz is a benefit, especially when changing directions frequently (AX). For motorbikes, this is no frequent scenario, but you will enjoy the better accuracy delivered by any external GPS.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Spinnetti
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Spinnetti »

How goes the beta? being able to overlay multiple laps has been on my wish list from the first release! We do 200 laps+ a session!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will submit the iOS version to AppStore this weekend, the Android version is planned for end of the month too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mjkuhno
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mjkuhno »

Harry wrote:I will submit the iOS version to AppStore this weekend, the Android version is planned for end of the month too.

- Harry
Awesome! I have motorcycle track days starting at the end of this month and was hoping the new release would be out in time.

Definitely looking forward to checking it out!
jonhume
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jonhume »

Email sent!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dear friends of LapTimer. The beta is closed now.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image