LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GP) v17.5 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GP) v17.5 announcement

Post by Harry »

Dear friends of LapTimer,

I just distributed a test version of our upcoming Fall update to LapTimer v17.5. Please check the list below for an overview on changes you can expect when v17.5 is getting available on Apple AppStore and Google Play Store.

I plan to submit iOS Rookie, Petrolhead, and GrandPrix editions within 2 days, so they should get available within one week. LapTimer Rookie for Android 17.5 is planned to be available in one week too.
  • Added background video recording - close video view and record videos while watching Timer views [Petrolhead+GP]
  • Introduced customizable tags to mark laps by driver, conditions, tires, events
    • Lap List allows filtering by tag set, date range, or vehicle
    • Group changing and default tags sets added
  • Added lap grouping and hierarchical browsing:
    • By session, track day, year
    • Group lap deletion
  • Lap to lap navigation on Lap Details level (both swipe and back / forward buttons)
  • Improved video overlay [Petrolhead+GP]
    • New video overlay element: vehicle picture is shown during intro
    • Overlay configuration is stored between invocations
  • Added "Near Me" track functionality to Load Track dialogs
  • Added a system health check to warn on any issue that can disturb LapTimer operation
    • Any warning or error provides help on how to resolve the issue
    • Overall status is shown in status bar
  • Videos moved, can be re-linked without the need to enter sync points [Petrolhead+GP]
  • Autocross assistant enhanced to allow both standing go and regular go configurations
  • Added basic translations for simplified and traditional Chinese
  • Improved data recordings
    • Laps charts shows sector delta time (compared to last lap)
    • Reworked best virtual lap calculation to cope with incomplete lap sectors
  • Complete rework of LapTimer's front end [mainly iOS7]
    • Improved lists
    • Addition of blur effects
    • More iOS7 style icons and colors
    • Hundreds of smaller tweaks to user interface
  • Several bug fixes for intermittent issues
Hope you can enjoy some more days on track in 2013, LapTimer v17.5 will be a great companion!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
francesco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GP) v17.5 announcement

Post by francesco »

Thats a big list of new features, great job! Looking most forward to background video recording with a GoPro!
Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi again,

On top of the list above, the following feature made it into 17.5:

- Cubic spline smoothing for calculated lateral acceleration
- Cubic spline smoothing for GPS recordings
- Added a new dialog that allows changing smoothing parameters displaying the results in realtime

NB: Zoom and pan to understand the effect smoothing has. Both smoothing operations are destructive - i.e. change the database. To keep you original data, you need to export data to .hlptrl.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Next update:

I just submitted all LapTimer iOS editions to AppStore. As Apple did not work on the bugfix release 17.4.4 so far, I removed this submissions and replaced them by version 17.5. Keep my fingers cross Apple will speed up reviews again.

Tomorrow I will start adding the new 17.5 features to the Android version. As everything is tested already, that will be a by far faster task than the initial development. So chances are good Rookie for Android 17.5 will get available at the same time like the iOS editions. :-D

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
nismo09
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by nismo09 »

Harry wrote:Dear friends of LapTimer,

I just distributed a test version of our upcoming Fall update to LapTimer v17.5. Please check the list below for an overview on changes you can expect when v17.5 is getting available on Apple AppStore and Google Play Store.

I plan to submit iOS Rookie, Petrolhead, and GrandPrix editions within 2 days, so they should get available within one week. LapTimer Rookie for Android 17.5 is planned to be available in one week too.
  • Added background video recording - close video view and record videos while watching Timer views [Petrolhead+GP]
  • Introduced customizable tags to mark laps by driver, conditions, tires, events
    • Lap List allows filtering by tag set, date range, or vehicle
    • Group changing and default tags sets added
  • Added lap grouping and hierarchical browsing:
    • By session, track day, year
    • Group lap deletion
  • Lap to lap navigation on Lap Details level (both swipe and back / forward buttons)
  • Improved video overlay [Petrolhead+GP]
    • New video overlay element: vehicle picture is shown during intro
    • Overlay configuration is stored between invocations
  • Added "Near Me" track functionality to Load Track dialogs
  • Added a system health check to warn on any issue that can disturb LapTimer operation
    • Any warning or error provides help on how to resolve the issue
    • Overall status is shown in status bar
  • Videos moved, can be re-linked without the need to enter sync points [Petrolhead+GP]
  • Autocross assistant enhanced to allow both standing go and regular go configurations
  • Added basic translations for simplified and traditional Chinese
  • Improved data recordings
    • Laps charts shows sector delta time (compared to last lap)
    • Reworked best virtual lap calculation to cope with incomplete lap sectors
  • Complete rework of LapTimer's front end [mainly iOS7]
    • Improved lists
    • Addition of blur effects
    • More iOS7 style icons and colors
    • Hundreds of smaller tweaks to user interface
  • Several bug fixes for intermittent issues
Hope you can enjoy some more days on track in 2013, LapTimer v17.5 will be a great companion!

- Harry
Any news Harry when this will be ready. I am running V. 17.4.3 and I cannot access any tracks what so ever. I know you said it would be a couple of days back on the 15th.

Help!!!!! ;-)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The app is in Apple's review process... That's nothing I am in control of... Usually it takes 2 to 5 working days (which is over already), but sometimes they need longer. Actually there should not be any sever problem with 17.4.3, what is the problem you have? Please either use email to Harry@gps-laptimer.de or start a thread in Troubleshooting - the announcements forum has access limitations.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Version 17.5 is now available on AppStore (all editions). The Android version will take some more days, I will post here once I have uploaded it to Google's PlayStore.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
johan6504
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johan6504 »

Harry wrote:Version 17.5 is now available on AppStore (all editions). The Android version will take some more days, I will post here once I have uploaded it to Google's PlayStore.

- Harry
I am trying to download the GP version but get "Update Unavailable with this Apple ID" This is for en app downloaded with a different Apple ID.....
I have tried both apple id's I have ever used, but no luck. Is it me or something more general?
escottc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by escottc »

Received a notice that 17.5.0 is available as an Update for iOS. When clicking Update I receive this message:

Update Unavailable with This Apple ID: This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID. Sign in with that Apple ID and try again.

I've been using the same ID with my original purchase of Grand Prix, and all previous updates have worked flawlessly.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

escottc wrote:Received a notice that 17.5.0 is available as an Update for iOS. When clicking Update I receive this message:

Update Unavailable with This Apple ID: This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID. Sign in with that Apple ID and try again.

I've been using the same ID with my original purchase of Grand Prix, and all previous updates have worked flawlessly.

Thanks for any suggestions.
I had one more report like this today. In case you are not the same user ;-), please contact me at Harry@gps-laptimer.de to further analyze what is going on. In general, problems like this are either AppStore issues, or some mixed up iTunes accounts on user side. As a developer, you have no control or insights on individual purchases.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image