LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GP) v17.5 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GP) v17.5 announcement

Post by Harry »

You need to chose one of the native iPhone resolution for external video to get optimized layouts: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1354#p6634 Other resolutions may work but will probably not look good. The video above seems to come at a very low resolution? LapTimer does not change resolution when overlaying. It is possible to set video resolution for new captures (Settings), but this preference has no effect on videos recorded already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GP) v17.5 announcement

Post by Dubbedown »

Harry wrote:You need to chose one of the native iPhone resolution for external video to get optimized layouts: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1354#p6634 Other resolutions may work but will probably not look good. The video above seems to come at a very low resolution? LapTimer does not change resolution when overlaying. It is possible to set video resolution for new captures (Settings), but this preference has no effect on videos recorded already.

- Harry
Thanks Harry, I tested it again by recording a short video and copying over to phone using the high quality option and overlay function came out fine. I didn't want to derail this thread any further so I've created a separate thread under troubleshooting since there are still some "pending" issues.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1720

I've also posted this concern on GoPro forums so if I hear back from anyone, I will update my thread(s).