Harry's LapTimer Rookie v17.1 for Android available

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Harry's LapTimer Rookie v17.1 for Android available

Post by Harry »

Dear Friends of LapTimer,

I'm very happy and proud to announce tomorrow's release of Harry's LapTimer Rookie 17.1 for Android (3rd of August). This first release developed for the Android platform is the result of quite some days and nights we have worked on a port of the iOS version. Despite some differences in the user interface, this first Android version has the same functionality as the iOS version. On top of that, it features advanced Analytics and VBOX Sport support that will be available in Petrolhead and GrandPrix only once these editions - known from the iOS platform - will be added for Android.

The Android line of apps will follow the same pricing scheme like on iOS (http://www.gps-laptimer.de/LapTimer_Products.html). Like the iOS version, I will offer upgrades from Rookie to Petrolhead and GP once they get available. To give early Android adaptor, and iOS / Android LapTimer movers a special bonus, LapTimer Rookie's price point will be 30% discounted during this weekend: 4.49 € / US$ 5.99

LapTimer Rookie for Android is localized to English, Spanish, French, Japanese, and German.

Thanks for your continuous support, I hope you will love the Android line like we do :-)

Please forward / like / share this announcement.

>> Download from PlayStore

- Harry

P.S. Check Android compatibility here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility_Android.html
Image Image Image Image
DGRacing
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Harry's LapTimer Rookie v17.1 for Android available

Post by DGRacing »

Congrats on the android version!

I just got it and look forward to trying it soon.

I know I'll want the grand prix version, so is there an idea when that _might_ be available?

Thanks!
Darren
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I cannot give release dates so far but let you know what the next steps will be:

Next activity is developing LapTimer 17.5 (iOS), this includes usability improvements, background video recording (a prerequisite for the Android port), and iOS7 support. iOS7 supports needs to be added until September (that is when we start to expect it to go live), so this needs to get priority. The activity following this will be LapTimer Android Petrolhead (and maybe GP). In case things work fine this might be Fall, but it may take Winter time on top. Finally LapTimer v18 is planned for next Spring. It will include remote cam improvements, multi lap video overlays, and a reworked server / online component. In case Android demand is high (I will certainly balance my investments depending on the "market" side), this is probably the first time iOS and Android versions are published at the same time. But let's see...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
DGRacing
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by DGRacing »

Sounds great!

You're going to be busy making us all happy with these new versions! :D
bldn10
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by bldn10 »

Harry, I've been running HLT for a couple of years and my 2-year AT&T/iPhone commitment will be over 11/3. I'm sick of AT&T and Apple and am considering switching to a Galaxy and another carrier. Are you confident that you will have Android Petrol Head up and running by next Spring?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You will miss LapTimer on iOS7, I'm very happy with the development ;-)
But to answer your question, yes, I'm pretty sure I will continue Android development and have a video enabled version available next Spring.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bldn10
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by bldn10 »

Thanks. Are you suggesting that the Android versions may always lag behind iOS in functionality? I don't use anywhere near the features it already has. :-)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

bldn10 wrote:Thanks. Are you suggesting that the Android versions may always lag behind iOS in functionality? I don't use anywhere near the features it already has. :-)
No, that's what I said:
Harry wrote:In case Android demand is high (I will certainly balance my investments depending on the "market" side), this is probably the first time iOS and Android versions are published at the same time. But let's see...
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

well done on the fast port - windows version next? :D
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

xps911 wrote:well done on the fast port - windows version next? :D
I started migrating to Windows CE years ago (PalmOS -> Windows CE). Good I did not invest too much as they dropped the OS a year later (and replaced it by a new programming model that is discontinued again). So for any MS activities: yes I will port, in case MS pays half a man year front up to show they are serious :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image