LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by Harry »

LapTimer goes through multi user beta testing *ahead* of submission to Apple. This is certainly not a save process (software development is not save at all :-) ), but is will usually make sure the app at least starts and supports common using patterns. There is a difference between developer version and the version submitted to Apple however, and so some tests on Apple's side are important for stability. Nevertheless, Apple will mainly review compliance issues like breaking usability rules, or accessing accessories not white listed... What is what is going on currently.

So the time between sending an app to Apple and availability on AppStore is indeed just waiting and working on something different...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

What is the current status of v17? I searched Harry's in the app store and didn't see the updated version? I already have Harry's Lap Timer Pro installed on an iPod Touch 4th gen 8gb from a few months ago. I would like the v17 GrandPrix version. I'm a super iNoob, so if you could please let me know how to update please and thanks!

Also, just to confirm, the Bad Elf BE-GPS-1000 (hard connect, not bluetooth) can do 10hz right? Could my iPod do 10hz GPS plus 720p video from the back camera at the same time? How long video/GPS could I do with my 5.7gb free on my device (using uncompressed GPS files)?

Thanks!

-Jamie M.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Still in review at Apple. It takes particularly long this time... I submitted the apps on 28th of February - which makes 16 days or 11 working days today. Apple has a ticker available showing the portion of app submissions that have been processed within 5 working days. That portion is at 99% currently - with LapTimer in the 1%. I would have expected the approval this week, but it will obviously be next week now weekend has started.

All the update process from Pro etc is available in the first post of the thread. Please just wait until v17 is online, install it from AppStore, chose the GP upgrade from LapTimer ‣ Tracks

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

Harry wrote:Still in review at Apple. It takes particularly long this time... I submitted the apps on 28th of February - which makes 16 days or 11 working days today. Apple has a ticker available showing the portion of app submissions that have been processed within 5 working days. That portion is at 99% currently - with LapTimer in the 1%. I would have expected the approval this week, but it will obviously be next week now weekend has started.

All the update process from Pro etc is available in the first post of the thread. Please just wait until v17 is online, install it from AppStore, chose the GP upgrade from LapTimer ‣ Tracks
Thanks for the quick reply :) I thought for sure they must be in there and I was doing something wrong. Good to know they just aren't in there yet!

-Jamie M.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

@Jamie, on your other items:

The Bad Elf is not recommended although it delivers 10 Hz. Please check http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility.html for the details.
GPS update rates up to 20 Hz were tested and show no issue in terms of processing or parallel load from video etc.
Space requirements are available here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=459

For further questions, please use the respective areas of the forum. Not the announcements section. Thanks!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
antraasa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by antraasa »

This reminds me of a retail store commercial years ago (Mervin's I think) where shoppers were standing at the glass doors waiting for the store to open, like little kids with wide-eyes looking into a candy shop....waiting, waiting, waiting...with anticipation. :shock:

I dug up an old iPhone 3S so I can have the second cam view, and I'm already working on mounting strategies.

I think I jacked up my V16.2...it doesn't show the "racer" view anymore. Hopefully this new version fixes anything I, the user, did to mess up what is otherwise a nearly perfect app... Upgrading to GP was never a question!

Thanks Harry!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks.

In case you miss the Racer's View - it is available in portrait only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
derbybrit1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by derbybrit1 »

Never mind...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No new status since viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1159&p=5933#p5909 :roll: Reviews are performed on working days only, so for today there is hope again...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Cadaver
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Cadaver »

Harry any chance of implementing a 0-60, 1/4 mile, and 60-130 (0-100, 400m, 100-200km/h for metric) type of measurements? With the upgraded GPS units like the emprum or Dual XGPS these measurements should be reasonably accurate.