LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by xps911 »

Harry wrote:The turbo boost level is added to the RPM gauge. Seems there is no overlay on this on youtube - but I have seen it life in my LR Defender :-) The other PIDs recorded in v17 on top of the existing values: fuelLevel, coolantTemperature, and oilTemperature are not visible in the video overlay. The temperatures can be analyzed in LapTimer's Data Recordings area. LapTimer Grand Prix has an additional chart showing the temperatures available.

- Harry
does the boost show in the petrolhead addition ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, both Petrolhead and Grand Prix.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
GertSterner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by GertSterner »

[SOLVED]

Hi Harry.

I first bought the Standard version and all plugins. Then I fhought it was more easy to just think about the app as one app, so I also bought the Pro version and have used that ever since.

Now it has changed to Petrol Head editions, and works just fine.

This week-end I was at the Nürburgring and when I came back with multible video tracks, I checked your site, and saw, that there is a Grand Prix version, that takes care of a lot more - also multible video. So I bought that one also.

Now my question is: How do I migrate my data from my Petrol Head version to my Grand Prix version, so I can make a video with picture in picture of my best sector times?

Kind regards

Gert Sterner
Denmark
Last edited by GertSterner on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Gert,

Firstly thanks for sponsoring my efforts by working completely around LapTimer's upgrade features! :-)

Please move all raw videos you find in LapTimer Petrolhead's Recordings area you require for the future to the Camera Roll first. This can be done from Video List -> Video Details. Having all the videos in the Photo Library / Camera Roll, allows both the Petrolhead and GP apps to access them.

To move over lap data, you export all laps to .hlptrl/.hlptrz using LapTimer's Export dialog. Send the export to any email account on your iPhone and long press the attachment once it arrives "back". Long pressing will prompt you with a list of apps able to open .hlptrl files - which means 3 icons for your situation. This is the difficult item, you need to trial and error until you select the correct edition. Any LapTimer edition will import .hlptrl on top of existing laps, so if you catch the Petrolhead instead of GP, you will find all laps twice (and it will take quite some time).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

Hey Harry :) I had a track day on Monday and before leaving for the track the app store popped up and said there was an update for my Grand Prix v17 so I said sure, do the update! The info screen now says v17.0.5 - 2013-05-13 5:09:04 PM

A couple times during my track day when my session was done and I pulled into the pits, my iPod 4th gen was sitting at the home screen, no more lap timer. I double clicked the home button and it said harry's lap timer was still running in the background so I clicked on it and when it opened it was like it was opened fresh, main menu screen :(

Each time it crashed it was at the start of the second lap, but a few sessions in the morning and most of the ones in the afternoon there were no issues, recorded the entire thing.

I'm just doing the track timing, no camera (as you can see, I have enough, lol!).

Before one of my sessions I accidentally knocked my tank camera down so it happened to be pointing low enough to capture the lap timer crash on video! It's just after 2:40ish in this video.

Let me know please and thanks.

-Jamie M.
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

I may have linked the wrong vid in my previous post, supposed to be this one (approx 2mins 36seconds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4huAMxWc8A&hd=1#t=2m36s

-Jamie M.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Jamie,

That's awesome footage, although I don't like the documented crash :-) Would you please be so kind and send the crash logs (see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1115). Should be not so difficult to identify what the reason is. At the time it crashed, 2nd lap has been running already, although the lap time for the last (1st) has been displayed. I assume it is something with the database... In addition to sending the crash logs, please run the "Check Data" function in Lap List.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

Harry wrote:That's awesome footage, although I don't like the documented crash :-) Would you please be so kind and send the crash logs (see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1115). Should be not so difficult to identify what the reason is. At the time it crashed, 2nd lap has been running already, although the lap time for the last (1st) has been displayed. I assume it is something with the database... In addition to sending the crash logs, please run the "Check Data" function in Lap List.
Hey Harry :) No f'ing way I'm installing that virus they call iTunes on my computer!!! Ever. Is there any way to get the crash logs right from iPod itself? :(

When I pull up the lap list and click "check database" it crashes back to the iPod home screen every time.

-Jamie M.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., so it is the database... Two options: 1) wait for availability of 17.0.6 and try again, 2) follow this instructions and send your databases to me. I will repair them and send them back.

It is not possible to get your hands onto the crash logs without iTunes. As iTunes is a virus for you, I'm sure you would never jailbreak your iPhone either. :-D For jailbroken iPhones it will most probably possible to find the crash logs somewhere too...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

Harry wrote:O.k., so it is the database... Two options: 1) wait for availability of 17.0.6 and try again
Sounds good, my next track day won't be for a few weeks at least. Do you post in this thread when a new update is released (I don't usually have my iPod turned on and never use it for anything other than a track timer).

Thanks again for the quick replies :)

-Jamie M.