LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by Harry »

vGroba wrote:
Dubbedown wrote:Been a while since I posted but track season is starting up again finally in my area. Really excited about these new updates! Question though, I'm currently using the petrol head version but if I want to upgrade to the Grand Prix, will apple know that I should only be charged the upgrade fee? All I see is the full price version under the App Store and don't want to click "buy now" unless I'm certain I won't get charged full price...

Edit
Never mind I see the option to upgrade within the HLT app!
x2

same doubt
The upgrade can be found in LapTimer's Tracks list. I will post the details including snapshots in the Announcements section in a few minutes.

- Harry

P.S. Took me some more minutes :-) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1235
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

dasams wrote:
Harry wrote:For those wanting to upgrade to Grand Prix, please first update your app to 17 in AppStore, start LapTimer, navigate to the "Tracks" tab, refresh the list by pressing the top left button, and select the Grand Prix Upgrade.
I followed this procedure and my iP4 has been showing the update symbol (circular track) for about an hour. Is this normal? How long should it take to update? Once complete, will I see the GP version in iTunes so that I can also copy is to my iPad? Dave
The process should come back within seconds. Please check your network connection, it is probably down. In case you can't get rid of the wait symbol, please kill the app and try again (killing an app: double press the hardware Home button, long press any app icon, press the black cross of the app you want to kill and restart).

To get a copy to the iPad, follow the same process: first download the originally purchases app (e.g. Petrolhead / Pro), and run the InApp purchase again. In both transactions, you will not be charged a second time (as long as you use the same iTunes ID).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dasams
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dasams »

Harry wrote:To get a copy to the iPad, follow the same process: first download the originally purchases app (e.g. Petrolhead / Pro), and run the InApp purchase again. In both transactions, you will not be charged a second time (as long as you use the same iTunes ID).
The app updated exactly as you described and I was able to also put a copy of GP on my 2nd iPhone. However, on the iPad Mini, the system tried to charge my card so I cancelled. This is not a big deal as I don't plan to use the Mini on the track but wanted the copy to play with it.

Finally, it would be nice if the App list in iTunes would update to show that I own GP. Then it would be a one step process to sync it to my Mini or a new iPhone whenever that occurs.

Thanks, Dave
09 Carrera S - Black, 6 sp, Carrera red full leather with deviating black, adaptives, navi, XM, etc
06 Cayenne S - Crystal silver, air suspension, bi-xenon, navi, sirius, etc
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

@Dave,

That's strange. The reason is probably a cached state somewhere in iTunes. When I submitted the three new versions - all of them universal binaries (iPhone + iPad), they appeared in iTunes in either the iPhone or the iPad section only - just like the predecessor apps Standard+Pro+Trainer. This has been sorted out by iTunes half an hour later.

Maybe you wait a little longer and try again by starting the AppStore app on your iPad mini, select "Updates", select "Purchased". You should see the same app purchased on the iPad mini like on your iPhone.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Tracker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Tracker »

Hi Harry
Apple got back to me within 1 hour and refunded the original pro version. Great service.
Look forward to using the timer with the VBOX sport when I receive it.
Colin
vGroba
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by vGroba »

I found, it works.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Tracker wrote:Hi Harry
Apple got back to me within 1 hour and refunded the original pro version. Great service.
Look forward to using the timer with the VBOX sport when I receive it.
Colin
Great! Please let us know how the VBOX works for you once you had a chance to test.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dasams
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dasams »

Harry wrote:Maybe you wait a little longer and try again by starting the AppStore app on your iPad mini, select "Updates", select "Purchased". You should see the same app purchased on the iPad mini like on your iPhone.
All is well on my Mini. The App Store wanted me to verify payment info which I took to mean that I would be charged. But no, after clicking OK, it said that I had already paid and all was well. What concerned me was that I did not have to do this confirmation on the iPhones. Dave
09 Carrera S - Black, 6 sp, Carrera red full leather with deviating black, adaptives, navi, XM, etc
06 Cayenne S - Crystal silver, air suspension, bi-xenon, navi, sirius, etc
BlueJay73
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BlueJay73 »

Can somebody post an "Upgrade for Idiots" tutorial?
I have version 16.6.2 Professional, and I cannot find any button or method to upgrade tp PetrolHead version 17.
I read the first post in this thread, went to HLT in the App Store, went in App on HLT in my ITouch, I can't see how to upgrade. Grrrrr.
Thanks

Never mind. I got it. In the absence of know-how, persistence pays off.
Last edited by BlueJay73 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, Sir: enter your AppStore app and update any LapTimer version you get presented in "Updates".

- Harry
Image Image Image Image