I'm going to upgrade regardless just to show my support of this fantastic app
Me too.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by rscliofan »

As ever WOW, new features are awesome!

Roll on march and first trackday of the year early April.
tdott
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tdott »

Even though I don't need the full features, I will upgrade from Pro/Petrohead to support you, the continuous development you've done has been great and the app has come a long way from when I first got it!
fluppie00
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by fluppie00 »

tdott wrote:Even though I don't need the full features, I will upgrade from Pro/Petrohead to support you, the continuous development you've done has been great and the app has come a long way from when I first got it!
Check!
johmei
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by johmei »

Been looking forward to this one while enjoying the existing versions a lot. Instant upgrade from Pro for me. Good approach with different levels with different pricing for new users. I hope everyone that enjoy this app will upgrade to support Harry! Good work, keep it up Harry!
BMW 335i E92 - iPhone 6 paired with Dual XGPS150A as HLT master, Optrix XD5 cased iPhone 5 and Optrix HD cased iPhone 4 as multicams.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I submitted Harry's LapTimer Rookie, Harry's LapTimer Petrolhead, Harry's LapTimer Grand Prix, and Harry's MultiCam to Apple / AppStore 6 hours ago. Last submissions have been approved within a few days (2 or 3), but I consider this the "best case". Recent addition are huge in terms of iOS features used, so it can happen I need to refine something to get approval. Namely iCloud configuration is a little complex if many apps (all the above) access the same cloud. We will see - keep your fingers cross. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lunat1ck
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by lunat1ck »

I am really looking forward to playing with this, and I just wish I myst first track day was sooner than April 9th :-P

Question: since the apps are now universal, and can run in both an iPad and an iPhone, does this mean one could use an iPad exclusively, instead of an iPhone? Myt thinking here is that working with the video on the iPad will be easier than working with it on the iPhone, and the iPad is a much better platform for the advanced features that used to be in the Trainer (which I've never used, 'cause I don't have an iPad ..... yet)

I'm debating whether or not it would make sense to get an iPad, and switch to using that exclusively. Since I will be pulling multiple videos onto the iPad (I have way too many GoPros), my thinking is the the larger screen will be easier to work with. Of course, mounting the damn thing in my car won't be easy, but that's solvable.

Alternately, perhaps use the iPhone in the car, and then transfer the HLT data from the iPhone to the iPad, along with the video, and then work exclusively on the iPad.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

From my PoV, an iPad mini, plus an external GPS, and NOT recording video makes a perfect solution for data recording as you can mount it firmly somewhere at your dashboard and get very large letters (especially timer view in portrait or landscape). The problem with the iPads is mounting it in a position to record video. It is simply too big. In case you own a GoPro, you may consider videoing yourself using the front cam of the iPad and use the GoPro as the master video afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pfbzzz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pfbzzz »

Harry wrote:From my PoV, an iPad mini, plus an external GPS, and NOT recording video makes a perfect solution for data recording as you can mount it firmly somewhere at your dashboard and get very large letters (especially timer view in portrait or landscape).
I'm looking forward to running the new v17-Petrolhead on my 996 integrated mini!

For track days, it sounds like I can use my iPhone/RAM suction mount with the new multi-cam app feeding video to the iPad mini as a master? Cool!

Also, my dash integrated mini gets a decent gps signal for everyday driving, but not sure it will be ideal for accurate track positioning. Is there any way I can use a windshield-mounted iPhone 4 not only as a multi-cam slave, but also as a GPS slave instead of buying a separate bluetooth GPS?