LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by Harry »

The crashes show some database inconsistencies that need to be repaired. Please enter Lap List and press "Check Data".

On your items:

1) I don't get the point. LapTimer is generally built to utilize several areas were videos are stored. The Photo app is selected as it is the most convenient store for distribution.
2) In case you need to manually sync video and recordings (which should be necessary in selected cases only), you need to try. The end of the lap should be the end of the lap :-) In case your impression is the data is far off once overlaid, you need to readjust and find the best position depending on your device and sensors used.
3) No
4) Please check the "Feature Request Forum", frequent request
5) First choice is to find and fix errors. Building in recovery strategies is sometimes necessary in computer science, but should be done only in cases no other option is available. Every minute I spend in thing like that, miss for the real fixes. v17.0.6 is pretty stable and I try to close any remaining issues. In cases like yours, were the database has a problem, crashes can appear everywhere - which probably generates an impression of general instability.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by Harry »

To all:

The announcement forum is dedicated to announcements.
Please post issues with LapTimer to Troubleshooting, post questions on using LapTimer to Using LapTimer, and post feature request to Feature Requests. Secondly, please post one topic at a time. Posts raising several threads, can hardly be maintained and reused by others (which is the primary focus of any forum).

Thanks for your understanding!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image