LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by toysareforboys »

Hey Harry, I successfully updated to v17 and to Grand Prix edition!!! I'm so proud of myself :)

I went into iTunes and it said there was an update for Harry's Lap Timer Pro. I did that, then opened the new v17 Harry's Lap Timer, went to "tracks" menu on the bottom, and upgraded to the Grand Prix edition!!! Worked sweet :)

I also noticed in there, that there was a 10% discount code for Emprium UltiMate GPS. Is that still good??

Thanks again.

-Jamie M.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that is still active. Take care you buy the device from Emprum's Web Page - that is mandatory to get the discount.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

Harry wrote:Yes, that is still active. Take care you buy the device from Emprum's Web Page - that is mandatory to get the discount.
Thanks for the quick replies. I ordered it from their website, put the discount code in the comments and clicked the "Request" button in the app thing (didn't say anything when I did, but I assume it worked).

When people are asking about different GPS receivers, etc. you should let them know about the 10% discount code, might just be enough to push some people over the edge Image

-Jamie M.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Jamie,

You should get an email generated when pressing the "Request" button. In case no mail is generated, you most probably have not set up an email account on your iPhone? Please do that and repeat. You may test the email function from LapTimer's About screen: press the gray button with the communication symbols and "Contact" afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
toysareforboys
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by toysareforboys »

Harry wrote:You should get an email generated when pressing the "Request" button. In case no mail is generated, you most probably have not set up an email account on your iPhone? Please do that and repeat. You may test the email function from LapTimer's About screen: press the gray button with the communication symbols and "Contact" afterwards.
Oh god, setup e-mail on my iPod? Are you kidding?!? :(

Ok... I'll get on it :(

Edit: It worked, I setup gmail in my iPod and when I clicked "request" it brought up a new e-mail. I filled out my name and order number and click send and it made the swishy sound. Thanks again for the great support :)

-Jamie M.
davidpozzi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by davidpozzi »

Im a new user only had Rookie for a week. I wasn't able to share laps from my iphone 5 to my ipad until today when I upgraded to v17.02. Thanks for all the hard work developing this app!
abancroft
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by abancroft »

I just (in March 2013) purchased the video feature for 16.2. Since I have no other upgrades, I will end up with the rookie edition? i.e. no video recording :cry:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Existing InApp purchases should still be active (so it is a Rookie with Video features). Please let me know if you have problems, best by e-mail.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwedishGTR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SwedishGTR »

New v17 includes improved OBD features such as turbo boost. I have a GoPoint BT1 OBD device connected to my iPhone 4 via bluetooth. The car is a 2010 Nissan GT-R. Everything works fine (also did in previous v16 by the way...).

My question is if I in video recording mode (and in overlaid video recordings) can display any of these new features (especially the turbo boost) besides the 3 standard items (RPMs, gear, gas pedal) that has always been there? Is there anywhere in the app where I can set/define what OBD parameters to display?

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The turbo boost level is added to the RPM gauge. Seems there is no overlay on this on youtube - but I have seen it life in my LR Defender :-) The other PIDs recorded in v17 on top of the existing values: fuelLevel, coolantTemperature, and oilTemperature are not visible in the video overlay. The temperatures can be analyzed in LapTimer's Data Recordings area. LapTimer Grand Prix has an additional chart showing the temperatures available.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image