LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcement

News and updates from the author // Read only
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: LapTimer (Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix) v17 announcemen

Post by tulloch »

That image reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. Can that screen be dismissed permanently?

pgbzz, is that an after market fitting made specifically for your car and the ipad mini? It's very nice.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The About Screen cannot be dismissed for ever. It is necessary to have clarity on using conditions and responsibilities. My TomTom navi gives me three screens like this every startup...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

@pfbzzz, That's a great integration, well done.

The downside is - using the internal GPS will not be a good idea in this position... You definitively need an external GPS here, a BT one you can place on your dashboard. The configuration with the iPad as master and the iPhone to record the video will work but will come with a flaw: currently, video recording is enabled only in case you have the video view active for the master. Which is odd in your situation as it will give you a black screen. That will change in v18 as it will have background video recording with the option to only record through MultiCam.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pfbzzz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pfbzzz »

tulloch wrote: pfbzzz, is that an after market fitting made specifically for your car and the ipad mini? It's very nice.
Not an aftermarket part... more a case of me holding the mini up to the 996 dash and thinking "hmmm, I can make this fit!" A bit of creative modifications, almost entirely to the plastic horseshoe trim. Everything can go back to stock with about $60 in parts. :-)
Harry wrote:The configuration with the iPad as master and the iPhone to record the video will work but will come with a flaw: currently, video recording is enabled only in case you have the video view active for the master. Which is odd in your situation as it will give you a black screen.
Can I run the front-facing (facing driver) camera on the ipad master and a track-view on the iPhone slave? Looks like I need to pony up for the dual BT GPS as well...

We had a foot of snow last Sunday, but it's mid-sixties through the weekend. Might try and get out to High Plains Raceway!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, you can use the Front Cam to see your work at the gearshift lever :-D

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Update: just received message from Apple LapTimer Rookie+Petrolhead+GrandPrix will require additional time for review (for version 15.0 and 16.0 it has been the same thing). This means 3 or 4 more days. Harry's MultiCam has been approved already but certainly makes not a lot of sense without the v17 LapTimer Grand Prix.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Harry wrote:Update: just received message from Apple LapTimer Rookie+Petrolhead+GrandPrix will require additional time for review (for version 15.0 and 16.0 it has been the same thing). This means 3 or 4 more days. Harry's MultiCam has been approved already but certainly makes not a lot of sense without the v17 LapTimer Grand Prix.

- Harry
They're dragging their feet this time are they not? Still, HLT must present them with more of a challenge than the usual f*rt apps they normally test. :lol:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

We had some problems with LapTimer white listing for the VBOX Sport (an app accessing an Mfi device needs to get white listed by the accessory provider nowadays; this white listing is a very formal process). This is resolved now and I hope to see the approval soon.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

The process can irritate at times but there is a positive side. E.g. they caught what would have been an embarrassing bug in one of our apps and saved me from having released it to our customers. Basically, the demo mode on our app did not work. I had forgotten to check demo mode. :( I think I had forgotten we had a demo mode. :lol:
KrisS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KrisS »

I believe that we should not rush the availability of the new version just to withdraw it to fix some bugs, so the only thing that remains is to wait (although I desperately want to see new version based on great extension of functionality it provides). Are there any expectations concerning possible timeframe/date when it will be available ?