VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS support

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS support

Post by Harry »

oneday wrote:Success! Is that in any instructional/set up literature? If so I missed it countless times...if not, it ought to be!
Well... a) is in the edition description http://www.gps-laptimer.de/LapTimer_Products.html and b) is in Expert Settings with a fat disclaimer "Do not change anything here in case not advised by the author" (or similar). ;-)

Happy to hear it works now!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Ronnie
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Ronnie »

Hi Harry,
If we utilize the "VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS" or "XGPS160" will the accelerometer shown on the overlay use the info from these external GPS.

Also do we need to copy the data over to the phone or it will automatically be available when we overlay the data. Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ronnie wrote:Hi Harry,
If we utilize the "VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS" or "XGPS160" will the accelerometer shown on the overlay use the info from these external GPS.

Also do we need to copy the data over to the phone or it will automatically be available when we overlay the data. Thanks
VBOX and XGPS deliver GPS, no acceleration data. It is possible to derive acceleration data from GPS but this should be a fallback for situation measuring fails only. LapTimer includes some "acceleration from GPS" feature available in Lap Details / Recalculate. This calculation dates back to PalmOS times when accelerometers have not been included in smartphones. It work reasonable for 1 Hz data but adds a lot of noise for higher update rates. Good "acceleration from GPS" calculations use a similar approach like LapTimer's but add some kind of smoothing algorithms on top.

Nevertheless, once you have high GPS update rates, LapTimer stores acceleration at this rate too, so the acceleration display gets a lot more responsive.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rexcel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by rexcel »

Hi Harry,
do you know a shop to buy the vbox sport in Germany? Or a shop in UK or US who ship it to Germany?

I try it from original shop but they doesn't ship to G..

thx
Soeren
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Received my devices directly from RL, so I do not have experience here.

I'm sure Leander from RL Germany will help you:

Racelogic Ltd
Postplatz 5, 35781 Weilburg, Germany
Tel: +49 6471 927 996
Mobile: +49 1736 790000
Fax: +49 6471 927 770
Email: leander.speth@racelogic.co.uk

- Harry
Image Image Image Image