VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS support

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS support

Post by Harry »

Dear friends of LapTimer,

Today, we proudly announce our professional LapTimer solution jointly with Racelogic. The upcoming VBOX Sport features 20 Hz GPS update rates when used with Harry's LapTimer. Utilizing this great GPS mouse, you get 1st class GPS sensor quality, and 1st class data recording and analysis functionality from the world's most feature rich LapTimer. VBOX Sport support will start with version 16.8. - available soon.

The VBOX Sport is fully integrated with LapTimer. Only this direct integration allows an update rate of 20 Hz through Bluetooth, a quantum leap compared to what is currently available on any smartphone.

Although we add VBOX Sport support to both LapTimer Standard and Professional in version 16.8, this support will be removed for this apps in version 17 again. Instead, VBOX Sport will be a premium feature exclusive to the new Harry's LapTimer Grand Prix Edition. LapTimer Grand Prix will add several exciting features besides VBOX Sport support.

I will grant a free upgrade from LapTimer Professional to the upcoming LapTimer Grand Prix edition v17 for VBOX Sport users purchasing a new LapTimer Professional version 16.8. LapTimer Grand Prix is expected to become available in Spring 2013.

Finally, here is a snapshot from a test run in December (DGPS at 20 Hz):

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
frehar
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS support

Post by frehar »

Nice work Harry!! Would probably cost me some :lol:
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Will HLT use the accelerometer data from the VBOX or from the phone's internal sensors? Does the quality of these data differ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The VBOX Sport delivers "calculated acceleration", no measured sensor data. This means acceleration is calculated from GPS position and speed changes. LapTimer ignores this data as it can calculate this data by itself (see Recalculate in Lap Details). Instead, it records the internal accelerometer data like usual.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mmason3122
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mmason3122 »

Hi

When will version 17 be out?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

v17 beta progresses well but there are still some difficult items on the list. I assume I will have it available by end of February. In case the VBOX Sport becomes available before, I will release 16.8 to support early adopters. 16.8 is approved by Apple already and waiting for my sign-off. So either way, LT will support the VBOX Sport from day one. v17 will be a free upgrade for v16 users.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lymerock
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by lymerock »

just ordered my vbox sport 15 mins ago in anticipation of using it with HLT
Is there any chance version 17 will be released before my vbox shows up?
no pressure but fingers crossed! 8-)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Actually VBOX delivery and LapTimer v17 approvals at AppStore are in a race. :-D I assume LapTimer v17 will win! In case it does not, 16.6.2 will support the VBOX standard mode delivery 10 Hz from the beginning. Please note you will need the Grand Prix Upgrade to get the 20 Hz finally.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
totoshe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by totoshe »

lymerock wrote:just ordered my vbox sport 15 mins ago in anticipation of using it with HLT
Where did you buy the vbox sport ?
lymerock
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by lymerock »

totoshe wrote:
lymerock wrote:just ordered my vbox sport 15 mins ago in anticipation of using it with HLT
Where did you buy the vbox sport ?
I was cruising the racelogic online store on 2/24 and in the new product section I started to see links for vbox sport accessories. I returned on 2/25 and noticed a link for the vbox sport had been added and was able to "buy" one that night.
2 days later I got an email saying
"Thank you very much for your order, however you shouldn’t have been able to place this order since the VBOX Sport isn’t available yet, so apologies about this."

It would seem they were testing links for the upcoming release of the vbox sport and I stumbled across them before they were meant to be released publicly. so technically I bought one, but until further notice I wont be waiting for the mail to arrive.