VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS support

News and updates from the author // Read only
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VBOX Sport 20 Hz GPS support

Post by Harry »

The VBOX Sport will be available in 1 to 2 weeks.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lymerock
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by lymerock »

the VBOX Sport is for sale on the site again with a 3/25 release
http://www.racelogic.co.uk/Store/produc ... VBOX-Sport
Availability: Won't be shipped before 25th March 2013.

really looking forward to playing with this and HLT v17 soon 8-)
W8MM911GT3RS40
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by W8MM911GT3RS40 »

Harry wrote: I will grant a free upgrade from LapTimer Professional to the upcoming LapTimer Grand Prix edition v17 for VBOX Sport users purchasing a new LapTimer Professional version 16.8. LapTimer Grand Prix is expected to become available in Spring 2013.

- Harry
OK, I have a VBOX Sport on order from Racelogic and I bought LapTimer Pro last year. I just paid $9.95 to upgrade from Petrolhead automatic version 17 update to Grand Prix edition. Was the quote above supposed to apply to my situation, or not? I can't tell by the wording of the above offer.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Mike,

The above quote is void. At the time of writing, I expected to not have v17 available when the VBOX would become available. Instead I planned to release an intermediate version 16.8 with temporary VBOX support. As the VBOX release has been deferred, I never released that version 16.8. Hope that is fine for you.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
W8MM911GT3RS40
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by W8MM911GT3RS40 »

Harry wrote:Hi Mike,

Hope that is fine for you.

- Harry

Yes, Harry, that is perfectly fine. I can't wait to receive the VBOX Sport.

Mike
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

A month later and still nobody actually has one? If I do buy one, I'm going to get the external magnetic antenna for the car roof rather than use the internal antenna with a windshield suction cup mount. That should minimize multipath and shadowing.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There are several users around already. I had a chance to drive 3 or 4 laps at Nordschleife using it and it is great compared to any other GPS I have seen. No drop outs, high update rate, and high accuracy. I had the external antenna connected and mounted it to my car's roof - which is part of the quality result. From my point of view, the internal antenna cannot be compared.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
oneday
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by oneday »

Just got my VBOX Sport (had already had been using GP17.xx)...what do I need to do to connect the Sport to Harry's in my iPhone? In Sensor List it shows the VBOX Sport as "Available" but I can't get it to say "Connected." What am I missing here?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

oneday wrote:Just got my VBOX Sport (had already had been using GP17.xx)...what do I need to do to connect the Sport to Harry's in my iPhone? In Sensor List it shows the VBOX Sport as "Available" but I can't get it to say "Connected." What am I missing here?
Hi,

Please make sure you a) have LapTimer Grand Prix installed (either purchase like this or upgraded from Petrolhead / Rookie) and b) have LapTimer ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Accessory Tweaks ‣ Use Accessories set to "ON"

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
oneday
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by oneday »

Harry wrote:
oneday wrote:Just got my VBOX Sport (had already had been using GP17.xx)...what do I need to do to connect the Sport to Harry's in my iPhone? In Sensor List it shows the VBOX Sport as "Available" but I can't get it to say "Connected." What am I missing here?
Hi,

Please make sure you a) have LapTimer Grand Prix installed (either purchase like this or upgraded from Petrolhead / Rookie) and b) have LapTimer ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Accessory Tweaks ‣ Use Accessories set to "ON"

- Harry
Success! Is that in any instructional/set up literature? If so I missed it countless times...if not, it ought to be!

Thanks, Harry. Will try to post up some feedback after a couple days on track next week.