We will start LapTimer v22 beta testing shortly.
Applications for participation are triggered from within LapTimer.
Please follow these steps:
- Start LapTimer on your smartphone
- Follow Administration ‣ Add-ons
- In case you do not see "LapTimer v22 Beta" in the top of the list, press "Refresh"
- Select "LapTimer v22 Beta" and "Request"
- Fill in all sections marked using ALL UPPER CASE and send the mail to me
In case the application is incomplete, I will come back. Otherwise please wait for instructions to download the beta app. I plan to have a first version available as soon as possible. Please do not poll for the precise date of availability.
Before applying, please make sure:
- You love beta testing and early access programs!
- Your are willing to work with incomplete and not super stable software.
- You create a backup of your v21 lap history front up.
And here is the list of changes planned for LapTimer v22:
Code: Select all
Variable recording rates using splined interpolation (e.g. 5 or 10 Hz)
Massive changes for engine sensors
- Full brake pressure support
- Refactored existing code to allow flexible configuration
- Automatic bus type detection, all optimizations are done automatically
- Support for custom PIDs, formula based evaluation
- Added support for physical ECU addressing, major speed improvement
- Improved OBD debugging support
- Further update rate improvements
- End to end sensor data queuing minimizing real time effects
- Support for extended channels: gear, odometer, brake pressure, individual
wheel speed, steering wheel angle and rate - requires scripting or
Support for ReDrive sensor
Disabled generic sensor configuration
- User Interface refinements
- Hall of Fame filtering by Group
- Edmunds support removed (discontinued by Edmunds)
- Added brake pressure to video overlays
- Update to watchOS 3.0 (no functional changes) [iOS]
- Revived MultiCam app - use old iOS devices as second cam
- Reworked MultiCam app communication [open]
- Added support for iOS MultiCam app [Android] [open]
- Improved video download reporting from HERO cams [open]
- Fixed "decoder busy" issue [iOS]
- Fixed issue with spaces in video file names [Android]
Optimizations, fixes, and minor improvements all over the place.
I'm looking forward to your applications!