Can We "Protect" Specific Lap Times and Delete All?

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Can We "Protect" Specific Lap Times and Delete All?

Post by Dubbedown »

As I use the app more and accumulate more laps, I realized I'd like to clean out / delete some of my older laps while keeping specific ones. However, it seems like I have to do that manually which is time consuming or delete them ALL. Is there a way to just "lock" certain laps and delete the rest, similar to digital cameras where you protect certain pictures but erase the rest? If not is that something we could add on the next version?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can We "Protect" Specific Lap Times and Delete All?

Post by Harry »

That's not a supported feature currently. What is the reason you want to delete laps? Why not keeping your records? The space required for data recording is comparably small, so there should not be a reason memory wise?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KiSwiSje »

sorry to bud in here - but the answer is simple

my average trackday is 3 up to 8 sessions of about 12 laps - making it 36 up to 96 laps per trackday!
this year i have been to about 35 trackdays so far - meaning i'd have something around 2000 laps - give or take a few :)
if i keep all laps, it would be extremely difficult scrolling through the list to find the information i need

i like to keep a record of my best time per trackday - to see overall progress
I did plan to keep a best lap for every session but even that proved problematic!

I know Harry is going to change the list in the future - with lists for session/trackday that will fold up - but I think a possibility to protect certain laps from deletion would be a very good idea.

It seems I'm not alone that uses HLT as a database for my laptimes. HLT has grown a lot throughout the last year. But the list feature needs some work to keep the information maintainable.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That's the reason I ask, if the reason for selective deletion is Lap List handling, this issue will go away in one of the next releases. I personally love to have *all* laps ever driven in my database :-)

- Harry

P.S. Congrats to your 35 track days, you are a happy man :-)
Image Image Image Image
WilsonSteele
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by WilsonSteele »

Please change the edit lap list to be able to select multiple laps to delete with the red - symbol, and then hit delete once.

Thanks...
SpecMiata #159 '94 1.8L
SoCal NASA, USA