Video recording more than one lap

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Aussie
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video recording more than one lap

Post by Aussie »

Would be nice to have the possibility to record more than one lap at the time. Maybe with an option in the settings'record x' laps, or a function like 'record till 1 gig memory left'

Oliver
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video recording more than one lap

Post by Harry »

You are aware that LapTimer currently records every other lap, not only the first one. Recording every lap is not yet supported. The detection of problem conditions (like low memory) requires some more work, especially when transferring videos recorded to the Photo library.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Aussie
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Aussie »

Hello Harry

yes I'm aware of the recording behavior of Lap Timer. It simply would be nice to have a more continous video. Is it neccesary to transfer the video to the phone gallery, or would it be possible to store it within laptimer and share it by dropbox?

Oliver
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, something like this might be a workaround - although I found the asset library integration the 'cleanest' approach. Dropbox is not faster, even for the transfer from LapTimer into the local storage. You have to keep in mind, that the files transferred are large for a small device...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gaskleppie
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gaskleppie »

Ok, but is it possible to start the first and/or next video at the last interm point before start/finish, and stop the video something like 5 seconds after start/finish? It will make the video of the lap more "complete".
On the ring its not a big deal, but on shorter tracks I would like to have some more time around the start and stop time.
spets
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by spets »

If I may make a suggestion, How about a "Number of Laps to Record" option? I know the Ring is a large track, but for example on my local race track I can do a lap in about 1 minute and 30 seconds. The iphone should have no problem recording, say, three laps in a row before skipping one to save the video.
SteveAdcock
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SteveAdcock »

spets wrote:If I may make a suggestion, How about a "Number of Laps to Record" option? I know the Ring is a large track, but for example on my local race track I can do a lap in about 1 minute and 30 seconds. The iphone should have no problem recording, say, three laps in a row before skipping one to save the video.
This is a great idea. My local track Mallala I also do in around 1:30 so to be able to select 3-4 laps would be a great feature. Thank you.
Nor
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Nor »

The tracks I got to also take 1:30-1:40 and I would really like to have the option to record x laps, say 5-10 at a time.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

My plan is as follows:

Users can start video recording manually. When LapTimer triggers, video recording is started latest. Afterwards LapTimer records video continuously - as long as at least double the space of the video is available on the device. Every time a lap is timed, both start and end point are stored in sync with the video. This start and end point can be used later to synchronize the overlay. Video recording is stopped either by he user, or when the video view is closed, or when the minimum space requirements are not met anymore. The video is transferred to the photo library. During overlay creation, the user can select the time to be displayed ahead of start (if available) and past finish (if available).

Sounds reasonable? Bad news is, this is scheduled for v15. :roll:

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
spets
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by spets »

Harry, I like it!

I like being able to display a bit of video before and after the timed lap. It gives the viewer time to warm up and cool down :mrgreen:

I look forward to v15. Thank you for your hard work.