Add a button to tell LT to stop recording data.

Request and discussion on new / to change features
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MX5RACER »

While running in Timer mode, I drive out on track and get my session in, but when the checker comes out, I do a cool-down lap with LT still running and as far as I know there is no way to end a current lap/sesion without losing the data from the current lap. I would like to be able to press a stop button while on the cool-down lap, or when I enter the pits.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add a button to tell LT to stop recording data.

Post by Harry »

Thanks for sending this request. I put it on the todos for v17. I had the request from people running into a crash situation (not allowing to complete the lap) several times already. Question is certainly what to record. Video only, or data in addition. The problem with the later (plus a lap entry) would add a 'lap' that is not comparable to all other laps belonging to the track set. Any suggestion welcome.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MX5RACER »

Just a stop button then. Just something to stop the current lap/session.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, certainly. The question is how and if to store and display this partial "lap" that needs to be stored.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
MX5RACER
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MX5RACER »

I cannot image that the data/video would be worth storing. Maybe give the option of losing the currnet lap, or saving the data up the point the button is pushed.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The request is you get video until the crash position. This should work already using the Cancel function already (it removes the incomplete lap's data recording, and finish the video, but not purge it. It will be available in the Video List...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
sumone
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by sumone »

I ran into this problem last weekend... the first run the stop was too far ahead of where we actually stopped, the second run the stop was set off the road and did not fire, the third run the stop did not fire?.... I know all of them are user errors but having a way to end the recording and keep the data would be ideal(I only have data for 2 of the runs we did). Maybe store the lap with a big warning that says "user ended - may not be complete" ? that way we know to add it in or not?
zonagravedad
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by zonagravedad »

I agree.

I race in mountain / forest areas where GPS signal is not allway good and sometimes I've ended up the run but the stop trigger didn't fire and the app keeps on recording... The only way to stop it is loosing this run information :(

Personally I use an external GoPro camera, so video question is not an issue for me, but I understand it could be usefull to analyse details of a crash or track exit.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you have a track with no tight counter straights (e.g. hill climbs), you are pretty safe to set LapTimer detection corridor to "Wide". This should grab triggers even with bad accuracy.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
WilsonSteele
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by WilsonSteele »

I would like to add a request to be able to keep the cool down lap info, not just cancel. I am not using video
I use the cool down lap, after check, to practice different lines in the first sector or two. And i will hit all the triggers on sectors except for the last one.
Perhaps you could throw out data that dosent have a trigger crossing at the begining and end?

Thanks...
SpecMiata #159 '94 1.8L
SoCal NASA, USA