endless scrolling through the lap list

Request and discussion on new / to change features
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KiSwiSje »

every time i overlay a lap and return to the lap list - it is back at the top - i have to manually scroll to the bottom where the laps with raw video are

v15 intermittently did this - but v16 it seems it is most of the time

tip - a good starting point for lap list view would be the last laps in the list - especially if they are 'today' - not the top (which could easely be accessible if you implemented a 'tap-on-the-top where the time is - as is usual in most apps with a list view)

mind you - overlaying all laps in one go would be a very nice feature - or as many people have asked - overlaying an entire session of laps into one video (as I do manually, now)

see an example in eye-watering bad quality here - with terrible gps fixes - to give an idea of the finished product I want
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn1_N3DdROY[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Actually Laptimer should scroll to the last lap on the current track. I'm aware that is not working too good - the scrolling routines in iOS had some problems in older versions. I will have a look into it, maybe I can improve it now.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: endless scrolling through the lap list

Post by KiSwiSje »

that behaviour would be logical when at the track
as you indicated before - laptimer automatically activates a track when it detects it is near it

when at home - it would be logical that the list view stayed at where you last were before you did an overlay or watched a video

background info: i have many laps on different tracks in the list view - it has grown quite large. take into account the last trackday is completely there as I overlay the laps one for one. A trackday can go as high as 8 sessions of approximately 12 laps per session

just an idea - why not make the laps in a track hidden?
so you have to click to open the list of laps for that track
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have an item on my list that is similar: it will further group the lap list:

1 track
2 poi set
2 session
3 lap

This means you will see one row with POIs and several rows with sessions.
Tapping the poi row gives you a POI list, and tapping a session row will give you a list of laps for this session.

- Harry

P.S. I will move this thread to Feature Request
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I have checked the code and it has not been called in many situation. I both made sure scrolling is done at least once when opening the first time AND programatic scrolling is less sophisticated and simply scrolls to the last lap recorded. Hope that is a good optimization - we will see if more is needed. Please let me know once 16.0.3 becomes available.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
csmarx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by csmarx »

Harry wrote:I have an item on my list that is similar: it will further group the lap list:

1 track
2 poi set
2 session
3 lap

This means you will see one row with POIs and several rows with sessions.
Tapping the poi row gives you a POI list, and tapping a session row will give you a list of laps for this session.

- Harry

P.S. I will move this thread to Feature Request
Yay! That's exactly what I was hoping for to eliminate the endless scrolling. I would perhaps even consider to add another layer:

1. Track
2. poi set
2. Track day
3. Session
4. Laps

Or if no track day layer, then at least make sure to display the date and time in the list of sessions.

Thanks again for all your work!
-Christian