Web-based Online View

Request and discussion on new / to change features
mkavney77
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Web-based Online View

Post by mkavney77 »

Hi Harry,

I've read a lot about your timer and finally purchased yesterday ready for the track next week. I was wondering if there was any inkling that you will allow online view via a web browser. I ride motorcycles and some of the tracks do not provide timing on trackdays and it would be very handy for my dad in the pits to see my times while I'm out on track to put on the pitboard.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Web-based Online View

Post by Harry »

Well, that's supported already for iPhones and iPads. So if your dad has one of these, he can use the online view to watch you on track. A versatile web front end is not yet available, although there is some work going on already. So we will see what the future brings. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mkavney77
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mkavney77 »

Harry wrote:Well, that's supported already for iPhones and iPads. So if your dad has one of these, he can use the online view to watch you on track. A versatile web front end is not yet available, although there is some work going on already. So we will see what the future brings. :-)

- Harry
It's my understanding he can only do this if he has Harry's Laptimer installed in pro version correct?

Also without starting a new thread Will it work if I have the phone inside my motorcycle leathers?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

These are the app / in app purchase combination allowing online viewing:

LapTimer Standard + Online Feature
LapTimer Standard + Professional Features
LapTimer Professional
LapTimer Trainer (iPad only)

Sending the position is supported by all LapTimer versions. The problem with wearing you iPhone in your leather is both you risk hurt yourself during a crash AND a massive reduction of GPS quality - often leading to no recording at all. On a motorbike, you will either mount your iPhone to the steering rod, or use the XGPS150 (Bluetooth) mouse (mouse tied somewhere outside, iPhone stored away anywhere).

Hope that helps, Harry
Image Image Image Image
mkavney77
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mkavney77 »

Harry wrote:These are the app / in app purchase combination allowing online viewing:

LapTimer Standard + Online Feature
LapTimer Standard + Professional Features
LapTimer Professional
LapTimer Trainer (iPad only)

Sending the position is supported by all LapTimer versions. The problem with wearing you iPhone in your leather is both you risk hurt yourself during a crash AND a massive reduction of GPS quality - often leading to no recording at all. On a motorbike, you will either mount your iPhone to the steering rod, or use the XGPS150 (Bluetooth) mouse (mouse tied somewhere outside, iPhone stored away anywhere).

Hope that helps, Harry
The problem with this is my dad needs to own an iphone/ipad. which he doesn't. We already have a laptop at the track for my brothers HRC data logger so if it comes in the future that would be great.

My idea for security if you don't want people who have not paid viewing would be to supply a viewing code in the app that the viewer can submit to the web/browser viewer. but you probably have your own ideas for this.

Thanks for your help!