Compare Laps

Request and discussion on new / to change features
rodneygt3
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Compare Laps

Post by rodneygt3 »

How can you compare 1 lap to another lap? For example, on my Traqmate I can see the speed against time -- same on Harry's. However, I can compare / overlay another lap and visually see the speed differences against time. This way I can see I am faster/slower in a particular corner, etc.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Compare Laps

Post by Harry »

Please use the Reference Lap concept. One lap is always the reference - either the best, the last or one you choose yourself. Sample for default mode ("best"):

you have a lap list for a certain track with
1:49.53
1:48.01
1:48.10

The 1:48.01 will be the reference lap with "best" setting. When watching data for the 1:49.53 (Lap List ‣ this lap's Details ‣ Charts), this reference lap will be shown in red for comparison. You can see which lap is the current reference by looking for the "#1" icon next to a lap time. To force another lap to be the reference, select e.g. the 1:49.53 from Lap List and select REF in the bottom.

There are more options, but I recommend to use this concept in LapTimer. It is implemented throughout the app.

- Harry

P.S. need to recheck - but Reference laps in Charts are displayed in Petrolhead and GrandPrix, but not Rookie.
Image Image Image Image
rodneygt3
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Compare Laps

Post by rodneygt3 »

Ok. This is helpful. I can see the Red reference vs. the lap I selected with the track in the upper left corner. Also, I noticed if I click on the track map I can get a red line and see the data at any point on the track. Thanks!