Computer Program for Overlaying - or Overlay as its own Video Layer

Request and discussion on new / to change features
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Computer Program for Overlaying - or Overlay as its own Video Layer

Post by T4nkcommander »

I saw several years ago you were looking at making a desktop application - was wondering if this was shelved or is still being considered?

I really like the extended gauge overlay, but the app is so buggy on all my devices I've mostly given up using it. I'd use it to overlay on an external video, but even with the external video side by side with the captured HLT video, the app will not recognize it.

It would be really helpful for sync points, PiP creation, etc if there was either a desktop program or the ability to just export the overlay data. I saw you could essentially do this via capturing a black screen then exporting the video, but I'd like to still be able to use my phone's camera as a third view. Apparently there's quite a few others with the same opinion: viewtopic.php?t=466 and viewtopic.php?t=3328
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Computer Program for Overlaying - or Overlay as its own Video Layer

Post by PitrsRS »

for PC you can use RaceRender or DashWare. Unfortunately, DashWare is a "shit" and RaceRender is licensed app (not free)
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black