Add support for Bluetooth LE tire temp and position sensor

Request and discussion on new / to change features
JBasham
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Add support for Bluetooth LE tire temp and position sensor

Post by JBasham »

https://github.com/MagnusThome/RejsaRubberTrac

RejsaRubberTrac is a new Arduino-based sensor that will record tire temps across the tire on track during race sessions.

I have looked over Magnus' github pages on the hardware, and I believe it will be very easy to fabricate.

The main difficulty I see now is obtaining a GUI so I can make use of the data recorded by the sensors.

Is this something we might get as an HLT feature any time soon? I would be very exited for that to happen.

Thank you,

Jamey
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add support for Bluetooth LE tire temp and position sensor

Post by Harry »

I‘m working with Magnus. Support for this sensor will be included in v23. Both integration and a fancy user interface is implemented already. Please wait for the beta announcement to join the early access program.

You may want to have a look into LapTimer’s Facebook page too, I have posted some screenshoots already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
JBasham
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by JBasham »

Happy happy! Joy joy!
whobag
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by whobag »

Harry wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:27 pm I‘m working with Magnus. Support for this sensor will be included in v23. Both integration and a fancy user interface is implemented already. Please wait for the beta announcement to join the early access program.

You may want to have a look into LapTimer’s Facebook page too, I have posted some screenshoots already.

- Harry
I have built the first sensor and it works great. Thx!
I wanted to export brake rotor temps by hijacking one the tire temp strips on each tire to use in dashware but I don’t think you can actually export all the detailed tire temp data.
I see some posts referring to creating custom exports but I don’t think it’s ready and not sure if the developer program supports it as of now.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The full range of tire temperatures is exported to .HLPTRL (and I think .CSV).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
SJHBryan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SJHBryan »

Hi Harry,
I'm studying a masters degree in motorsport engineering and for my final dissertation, I need to log live tyre temperatures. The RejsaRubberTrac system looks very good but is there an option to export the data file for temperatures? Also, would it be possible to combine GPS position, time, temperature and pressure logs into one CSV file or similar?

Many thanks, Sammy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Tire temperatures are exported to HLPTRL only currently. HLPTRL is a XML format (HLPTRZ is actually HTLPTR.GZ) which has all available sensor sources fused. So you can see GPS, engine, IMU and tires data side by side.

I'll add this to feature requests for CSV exports too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image