More Fields in Timer Views

Request and discussion on new / to change features
ambordokan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: More Fields in Timer Views

Post by ambordokan »

Harry wrote:This feature is scheduled "optional" in 18.0 and confirmed for 18.1 latest.

- Harry
Hi Harry, is this feature (improved landscape view) available for this new version?

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The Logger Support making version 18.1 has not been planned at the time of writing the above schedule. The version formerly named "18.1" is "18.5" now.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi folks,

I have just started a new thread to discuss the new Timer View design.
Please add your feedback: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2418

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
blackreplica
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by blackreplica »

Harry,

Many thanks for the improved timer view. As a biker its a huge difference to be able to make the lap time and gap numbers as big as possible so we don't need to look at it too long.

There's only one thing bugging me though, every time i switch orientations I get an annoying calibration pop up. Is there any way to disable this so I don't have to keep hitting continue every time the orientation switches?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There is no way to disable it currently. But it is an item on my list for future improvements. There are several options, that's part of the reason it is not yet done...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
blackreplica
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by blackreplica »

Thanks Harry, looking forward to it. Personally I'd rather there be no popup at all, maybe just once, the first time, with a checkbox to indicate 'Don't show again' after the next orientati
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's one option - to allow a lock on the calibration settings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
smileyke
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by smileyke »

Hey Harry.
Video from our race last weekend at the brand new track at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green KY. We were the first official race there and we got 3rd place out of 41 cars in the 7hr endurance race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntbf6UUJVJg
You can see HLT screen in the video and as you can see, the +/- numbers are easy to see, but the green/red is harder to see in the video.
The ease of visualization in the video is pretty comparable to what you notice as a driver.
It was easy to see the numbers, but the green/red took much time to look at to get a good reading.
Compare the size of the red/green bar to the big yellow shift light- that is about the right size of an indicator.

Overall though, the +/- gap time and the size of the numbers was a HUGE improvement over the previous versions,
but enlarging the red/green bar to 1/2 the screen size across the bottom would make this screen perfect.
Keep up the good work!
Chris
Driver
Four Car Garage Motorsports E36 Chumpcar World Series
http://www.4cgm.com
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the feedback. I thought about using the complete background of the large digits to show the colors but considered it too dominant... Let's see how it develops :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ttr1999
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: More Fields in Timer Views => gear indicator

Post by ttr1999 »

Gear indicator would be nice, my car is showing it only in manual mode and even then it is really small and tiny so that I can`t almost read it . . .

Best would be to have the user customize it, same as the ODBLink app when using dashboard mode . . .

Or did I "miss" something as I am pretty new to the lap timer?