Re: More Fields in Timer Views

Post by nigelh »

Fair enough Harry. Your snapshots look like a good use of the space
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks. BTW, the 'Overall Acceleration' line is replaced by OBD data when a dongle is connected.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
geefin
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by geefin »

I haven't tried this mode yet, but is 'overall acceleration' the actual g acceleration? As it would make more sense to have that bar as a +/- colour coded visual indication of your lap time vs best lap time, the Stack system does this quite nicely and it would be awesome if this did it too :-

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Overall acceleration is a colored indicator for the combined lateral + lineal acceleration (Kamscher Kreis). It is colored green, yellow, red depending on the levels configured. The 'ahead' of reference and behind reference is indicated by the red square above. As long as it is red, you are ahead (by the time shown), it gets gray when you are behind. If you want more than 'ahead/behind' plus the numeric readout, you may use 'Racer's view' which gives you good visual feedback by the red / gray cars.

The good thing about the iPhone is it can show a lot more than these small displays.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SeventhCircle
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SeventhCircle »

I second the suggestion of adding an OBDII field in Timer view - RPM would be useful for me.

Instead of the colored box to indicate pace ahead/behind the reference lap, how about changing the color of the numerals? Personally, I would like red numerals to indicate a pace slower than the reference lap, green to indicate faster.
wilko748
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wilko748 »

Hi Harry,

First off a big congratulations on the BEST iPhone app ever :D. I have been using HLT Pro (with Dual150) and Trainer for about 3 years doing many UK and European Tracks riding a Yamaha R6 2007 and think the product is fantastic. In the last 6 months I have managed to mount the iPhone within the Screen area of the bike just above the clocks. This has massively improved my use of HLT as i had previously only used it as an "after the Event" Lap time recorder, rather than a real time device i.e. not checking my current lap time.

The setup works great and the video function is superb. Even the guys using QStarz and Star Lane etc are blown away by HLT and some have even ditched them to switch to HLT.

I do have one request hence posting in this particular post. I use the iPhone in Landscape Orientation due to Space, when on track i get the screen as follows as an example:-

LAP Lap vs. Best Lap
00:00:00 n/a

Sector Sector vs. Best Lap
00:00:00 n/a

Lap # Overall Acceleration Last Max

The problem i have is that at speed and with a Tinted Visor and (sometimes) direct Sunlight etc the display can be difficult to read. Would it be possible to switch the view at a couple of points in a lap to make things easier to read. I am thinking that after the completion of a lap the completed Lap Time display could take up the Whole Screen (With Red Background for slower than Best Lap and Green for Quicker) this could remain on the screen for X amount of secs or X amount of seconds before the first split. Then the same sort of thing after the last split but this time the whole screen displaying the current lap difference to the Best Lap (again background dependent on up or down of the best Lap Time).

I hope this makes sense. All of the other displays are good but these two would make this info easier to see when the viewing enviroment isn't optimum.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the nice feedback, good to hear you enjoy it like that :-)
I will add this request to my list / re-priorize it (had a similar item already).
On motorbikes it is pretty hard to read anything while driving, but maybe with HUGE numbers it is possible...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
//Echo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by //Echo »

wilko748 wrote:Hi Harry,

The problem i have is that at speed and with a Tinted Visor and (sometimes) direct Sunlight etc the display can be difficult to read. Would it be possible to switch the view at a couple of points in a lap to make things easier to read. I am thinking that after the completion of a lap the completed Lap Time display could take up the Whole Screen (With Red Background for slower than Best Lap and Green for Quicker) this could remain on the screen for X amount of secs or X amount of seconds before the first split. Then the same sort of thing after the last split but this time the whole screen displaying the current lap difference to the Best Lap (again background dependent on up or down of the best Lap Time).

I hope this makes sense. All of the other displays are good but these two would make this info easier to see when the viewing enviroment isn't optimum.

Harry I have a similar request. Basically I think it would be excellent if we could adjust the display when in landscape mode. Personally If I was able to make the information at the top disappear (settings wrench, gps data display, and "info" i) as well as make the video/guide buttons go away that would be superb. What is shown in the "Gap" mode on portrait display is all I would want to see in portrait mode. I eventually plan to add OBDII data as well. If all that was displayed on screen was: Lap, Gap, Lap #, Best Lap, Last max (not big deal), and 3 OBD II elements adjustable to user selection. This is my ideal setup.

Thanks Harry! Love everything so far, just giving comment to make the best even better!
tightbox
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by tightbox »

Any chance we could add some of the additional features found in Petrel for autocross use? I really like the way they handle the course in sections with entry/exit times.

http://www.petreldata.com/product/solos ... roid-v2-2/
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I'm aware of this tool (interesting price point by the way - I need to reconsider my strategy :-) ) but I 'm not clear what additional features you are on? There are certainly areas where things are solved in a different way / style - which is one time a good thing, and another time not. I will never mimic other tools, but I'm very interested to hear what exactly you are missing. Please let me know and we will either find a solution or it can get added in a later edition. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image