Hello Harry !
Predictive laptiming is implemented in a different manner in other products, and it's really exciting / useful !
For example, the PerformanceBox indicates in real time the gap between your current lap and your best lap.
Here is the explanation : http://www.performancebox.co.uk/lap.html
Perhaps a new view could be implemented in LapTimer, showing :
- The reference lap time we are racing against
- The current difference (in big font !) with this reference lap time (with + / - / and a bargraph), refreshed for example every second
- An indicator showing if the reference lap time is fixed or not (explanation on fixed / unfixed bellow)
With the ability to :
- Choose any previous lap as a reference lap time (for example to begin a track day with the best lap we did in the previous track days).
- Set a reference lap time as fixed (so that we only race against this fixed lap time)
- Set a reference lap time as unfixed (so that it will be replaced by next best lap time)
That would be perfect
I used to use LapTimer in the past (Harry we debugged 10Hz together with BTStack in 2010) but then I went to PerformanceBox due to my old iPhone 3G becoming too slow to correctly support new versions of LapTimer and BTStack...
Predictive Laptiming is very accurate and useful in PerformanceBox but does not allow us to load a reference lap of our choice and improve it : the loaded reference lap becomes fixed and we can't unfix it, quite crappy !
Thank you very much Harry !