Replacing Video with external but SYNC to start instead of end

Request and discussion on new / to change features
jambo90210
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Replacing Video with external but SYNC to start instead of end

Post by jambo90210 »

I have been using your Laptime for many years now, and was looking to use an external video feed and then use the overlay feature. The problem is that when using it for Rally Stages often we forgot to turn off the video and it's hard to sync with the END of the external videos as we stop at check point etc.. However the START is a lot easier to sync as you have the count down clock and you can see when you hit the throttle etc.. Can we have the feature to sync videos to the "lap" data using the START and not then END ?

I take it also there is no way to trim the lapdata to better match the videos as often the external videos vs phone can be 30-60 seconds apart at times due to various reasons as you get set for the start of the stage..

Thanks

Jamie
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replacing Video with external but SYNC to start instead of end

Post by Harry »

Workaround: assuming you have a 20 minutes video and a 10:00.00 "lap". Search for the start in the video (as requested). Read the time offset shown in the top of the window (e.g. 01:00.00). Add 10:00.00 and the end will be at 11:00.00. It should be easy to "fast forward" to this position by using the scroll bar in the bottom and the arrows available in the top?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jambo90210
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jambo90210 »

Thanks Harry, it's easier said than done to be honest, here is a picture of the videos, the yellow lines show actual start/finish, and I have aligned the two videos. the yellow markers show the actual start and finish, the sound wave is key in the rally / or rally sprint videos as you can see when the noise comes on / off.

Note these two videos are from 2 external camera's the phone quality is just too shaky, I have a new mount to hopefully help, so this does not show the phone video which is yet another timeline.. as you can see it ends up being impossible for me to produce a video of these external videos and then overlay on the phone to match.

See attached.
Attachments
video sync.PNG
video sync.PNG (283.47 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

What's the problem to select the finish line position shown in the snapshots?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image