Dragy Performance Meter

Request and discussion on new / to change features
mr.mondo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Dragy Performance Meter

Post by mr.mondo »

Hi Harry

Are you considering implementing support for the Dragy Performance Meter at some point?

Also is it possible to import data from a GoPro Hero 5 Black into HLT? It has a significantly better GPS and accelerometer built in, and I would like to use this data in the overlay in HLT.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dragy Performance Meter

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I need to say "no" to both, I'm sorry.
  • Dragy can integrate into LapTimer themselves if they want. We have created the developer program for situations like this.
  • GoPro stopped their 3rd party developer program. I will try to support the standard set of operations based on information available publicly for existing and new models, but will keep it on a simple level and will not make the integration closer.
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mr.mondo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mr.mondo »

I'm sorry to hear that. But still, great app which I use a lot :)
MacRs3
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MacRs3 »

Would be nice to have your own performance meter in the app, similar to dragy with multiple measurements 1/8 1/2 1/4 mile , 100-200, 80-120 , 0-100
This way since we have external 10hz gps we dont need to migrate to dragy, but keep using your app.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Answered my mail already: speed based performance testing is supported by Harry's Dyno and Harry's LapTimer GrandPrix. Distance based performance test can be done using the AX assistant and its build in distance display. Not perfect, but working.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MandarinMiata
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MandarinMiata »

+1 for this already have accurate Garmin Glo GPS unit and Harry's App, don't really want to fork out £150 for a dragy and use 2 units/apps
bazza_c
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by bazza_c »

What is AX assistant?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer ‣ Prepare Race ‣ Autocross
Image Image Image Image
tb4rings
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by tb4rings »

Harry wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:42 am Answered my mail already: speed based performance testing is supported by Harry's Dyno and Harry's LapTimer GrandPrix. Distance based performance test can be done using the AX assistant and its build in distance display. Not perfect, but working.

- Harry
Are there any plans for adding this type of functionality to the app? It would be ideal if the performance mode simply had an option to do speed or distance based tracking. When distance based tracking is selected then common splits would be provided.
Using AX is not feasible for and hoc measurement and does not provide any sort of breakdown of common days points (time and speed @ 60, 100, 1/8, 1/4, etc.)
eightysixtuned
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by eightysixtuned »

I have sent email to Dragy asking if compatibility was in their future. will report back if i hear anything.