Ability to create segments in autocross.

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Bryant
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Ability to create segments in autocross.

Post by Bryant »

I would like to be able segment an autocross course to be able to compare them between runs to see where Im picking up and losing time.

I imagine, it would work by after setting the standing start, it would goto a segment setting. Then as I walk the course, I can tap the screen at where I want segment way points. Then having a finish line button to push when I get there would seem perfect.

I dont know how hard that would be to create, but seems like it would be relatively simple.

The next thing would be a quick view method for the segments from one of the race screens. I imagine a map overlay of the runs on the course, with each run a different color. Then being able to tap the segment and it zoom in. Maybe some indicator or places of the different runs being faster and slower. Like dotted lines changing dot size.

Is this a possibility?
1971 Ford Maverick. Running in SCCA SOLO CAM-T in the San Diego and LA regions.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ability to create segments in autocross.

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The way to do this is using the AX assistant for a start and a finish first. Once this is done, goto an arbitrary position you want to set a split trigger. Goto Analyse ‣ Realtime ‣ GPS and press the plus sign to create a trigger. In the trigger's details, set the type to "Trigger", the trigger type to "Split", select the POI set (your AX) and set the rough driving direction (with 1 = North, 90 = East, 180 = South, 270 = West). Repeat for up to 7 splits.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bryant
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Ability to create segments in autocross.

Post by Bryant »

Ok. Thats cool its there. It looks like something that will need a little practice to figure out.

Thank you!
1971 Ford Maverick. Running in SCCA SOLO CAM-T in the San Diego and LA regions.