Ability to select multiple laps or videos for deletion

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Ability to select multiple laps or videos for deletion

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Hi Harry,

Long time user here. And because I don't often clean up my HLT after a track day or autocross I have hundreds or laps and videos I'd like to delete. I've been deleting them one by one for the past 30 minutes but there has to be a better way. Please add the option to select multiple laps or select multiple videos for deletion.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ability to select multiple laps or videos for deletion

Post by Harry »

At least for certain deletion patterns, there is an option: use on of the groupings available in Lap List (by Session, by Trackday...). Select a session to delete and find a Delete List button in the bottom (iOS) or in the top right (Android).

NB: please reconsider lap deletions. Except videos, lap data will not use up too much space.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Ability to select multiple laps or videos for deletion

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Harry wrote:At least for certain deletion patterns, there is an option: use on of the groupings available in Lap List (by Session, by Trackday...). Select a session to delete and find a Delete List button in the bottom (iOS) or in the top right (Android).

NB: please reconsider lap deletions. Except videos, lap data will not use up too much space.

- Harry
Pretty funny. I totally forgot I made this post last year but I'm back trying to clean up hundreds of laps and videos and stuck doing it one by one. Last year I ended up just deleting the app and reinstalling it as shortly after making the above post HLT would crash after deleting 3-4 laps.

So here I am again trying to delete laps and videos and came here to see if anyone requested this feature and found my own post. Yay for using search first.

Thanks for the tip on being able to delete a track day at a time. That saves me quite a bit of time.