Improved video support

Request and discussion on new / to change features
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Improved video support

Post by phil9417 »

I was wondering if we could get improved video support for iPhone?

The new iphones can record at 4K and other modes such as 120fps. Can we enable these to work with iPhone?

Also, when doing overlay of videos from GoPro, I've noticed that it reduces the bitrate of the video and also reduces framerate to max 60fps. The result is the overlaid video never looks as good as the original action cam video.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Improved video support

Post by Harry »

On my list.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

Hello,

I also noticed that if the input video is stereo audio, Lap Timer will always produce a reduced bitrate mono audio track. Is there any way to maintain the stereo sound of the input video file?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Android or iOS? LapTimer passes through the audio track, never handled that specifically. Actually there is not even a decoding / encoding cycle like for video.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

Harry wrote:Android or iOS? LapTimer passes through the audio track, never handled that specifically. Actually there is not even a decoding / encoding cycle like for video.

- Harry
This is on iOS on my iPhone 7. The audio is actually changed from Stereo to Mono after overlay. I do have two videos, one main and one PIP. Do you think it uses the PIP audio track? (that one is mono).
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, the audio track is always pulled from the master. Has the video been recorded with the internal cam?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

No, the video was recorded with a gopro in stereo. After overlay, it is mono sound. I copied both the original video and the overlaid video to my computer and you can see the audio track is different now.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So this probably needs to be considered an unsupported configuration currently. In case the GoPro has a mono option, please use it currently. I assume LapTimer transfers only one side to the overlaid video currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

As a work around, I have used MKVToolNix to replace the audio from the resulting overlaid video with the audio track from the original Gopro video file. The resulting MKV video file has the overlaid video with the original audio track.