Set temperature / overheat warnings

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Jonsen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Set temperature / overheat warnings

Post by Jonsen »

Hi, Would it be possible to add this feature. I would like to be able to set alarm threshold temperatures for OBD data (inlet temp and coolant temp). If the user set temperatures were exceeded the phone would alert "COOLANT TEMP TOO HIGH" or "INTAKE TEMPERATURE TOO HIGH".

Also is it possible to enable customisation of the gauges screen so bigger gauges could be shown? Unfortunately the current gauges are a bit too small to read whilst driving on track. Also to me (and I think others) RPM / BHP isn't really relevant for monitoring I would like to see engine critical parameters next to each other coolant, intake, exhaust temperatures. Is this possible? It would be great to log peak temperatures for these items too, you could click the gauge and it would display last peak temperature with option to reset.

Another small issue is I would like to display temperatures in celcius whilst speed remains in MPH. Would this be possible? Unfortunately if you switch to metric then speed changes to KPH. Change to imperial and temperature changes to farenheit. You can currently cycle through HP / PS / KW by clicking on the spanner symbol in gauge view, I'd like to be able to do the same thing on temperature between C and F.

Thank you!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Set temperature / overheat warnings

Post by Harry »

Coolant, oil, and catalyst temperatures have predefined warning and error levels already. Please have a look into Engine View. You can see the ranges dimmed while not critical, but they get full color once thresholds are reached. Predefined values have been discussed with a German manufacturer and should be good for gasoline engines.

I agree gauges can be too small while on track especially for small smartphones. It is always a borderline between information provided and usability. I have no plans to provide customizable interfaces, but I will probably add a Dashboard View designed to be a replacement for in car dashboards. It will certainly include less information than Engine View, but will follow similar design principles like Timer View.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jonsen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Jonsen »

Thanks Harry, I look forward to the dashboard view :)

I was thinking of a spoken alert once thresholds have been reached. I use a ndash / dashdaq that has the same functionality which is great as you aren't always looking at the screen but I can't run it at the same time as laptimer as it runs on OBD data / the one OBD device restriction.

Would it be possible to cycle through the temperature C and F by clicking on the dial like you can on the power dial?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I add all feature requests like C vs. F raised on this forum to my list. Mostly I do not comment on them as long as priorities are not clear. Other users can upvote the request. Please understand I need to prioritize things, I get far more ideas and request than I'm able to implement.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image