HLT Porting to Web Interface - great management soln

Request and discussion on new / to change features
super.doug
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

HLT Porting to Web Interface - great management soln

Post by super.doug »

I've been thinking about this for a couple years now. I love HLT, use it every time I go out on track. I study my data on the train to and from work in the morning. But I now have thousands of laps on half a dozen tracks going all the way back to my second track weekend. I basically exclusively use and iPhone for collecting and reviewing the data, but it gets cumbersome. So my proposal is this:

- What about creating a ported version of HLT that would run in a browser and access the current database on whatever device (PC/MAC etc.) you have.
- imagine full screen access to all of HLTs features and the ability to use keyboard, mouse, trackpad, touch devices
- think how easy it would be to manage, sort, filter, archive all the data (recovery of corrupt/partial/lost data!!!)
- consider how easy it could be to include additional post processing features to the data (multiple lap traces, custom video annotation)

Admittedly, I am no programming engineer, but it seems like this should be possible. I tried HLT on an iPad for a while before I returned it and thought it was great, but it was just a bit limiting, and too easy to end up with multiple database copies that are slightly different. Using a lap/desktop to manage the data would lend itself to hosting a central master database that was synced with each device.

Harry (and the community), I would love to hear your thoughts on this. This is something I would gladly pay for :)
Cheers