Lap sessions

Request and discussion on new / to change features
orthojoe
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Lap sessions

Post by orthojoe »

Is there a way to separate a set of lap in to individual sessions? On a normal track day here, we have 5-7 sessions per day lasting 20-25 minutes each. Instead of a single long list of every lap done for the day, can they be grouped into different sessions throughout the day? This would make merging data with external video from each session easier.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap sessions

Post by Harry »

I have something like this on my list already. Due to the number of requests I need to queue them, I increase the score for this one :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
orthojoe
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by orthojoe »

Awesome. Thank you, Harry!
yandyr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by yandyr »

this will be awesome to have; the app is great and does allot of things very well.. this is something it desperately needs.

Thanks
Neoraptor
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Neoraptor »

I would also would love to see such feature. On each circuit, one folder per day, where there is one folder per session.
rmeroda
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rmeroda »

Harry, I was just wondering about visually separating sessions myself and thought I remembered a version that did this - where sessions were alternately highlighted white and gray, which seemed to work pretty well. Maybe it was in one of the Beta releases? Anyway, thanks for bumping it up on the queue.

Also, adding the lap # on the list view would be helpful. Maybe to the left of the avg speed.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The colors alternate by day, not session. Good point on the numbers, maybe I add the lap # within a session, and the session # of the day? I wanted to allow grouping by day and session on the other hand in an upcoming version - which would make that feature additional complexity for the user...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rmeroda
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rmeroda »

Oh yeah! That's what I saw - by day. I need to go to the track more so I remember these things :).

I like your idea of adding lap# within session with days already seperated by color. Maybe session is a capital letter with lap# in parenthesis. Something like...
A(1) 71.1 mph
A(2) 77.2 mph
B(11) 70.5 mph

Just an idea. I think it would still look clean and clear. But I know what you mean - its one more thing for the user to try to figure out what it means.

One more thing on the list :|. Good luck!
WilsonSteele
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by WilsonSteele »

Please add the functionality to group by a session, that would be great. I like the lettered session idea...
SpecMiata #159 '94 1.8L
SoCal NASA, USA