Support of TI SensorTag

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Neoraptor
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Support of TI SensorTag

Post by Neoraptor »

Hello,
I am racing motorcycles and would like to have access to the "real" angle of the bike (not the one calculated from the GPS).

I found the sensortag from TI (http://www.ti.com/tool/cc2650stk) very interesting for this and it is already integrated into the Camper version.
I would not mind putting this directly on the frame of my bike (which I don't want to do now with my phone in case of crash)
Would it be possible to add its support into LapTimer?

Thanks for all the work !
xxillseanxx
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Support of TI SensorTag

Post by xxillseanxx »

Neoraptor,
I bought 2 of the TI SimpleLink Sensortags (CC2650) thinking i could mount them to my track bikes and use them with my Petrolhead Edition. Unfortunately that is not the case. After doing a bit of research, Harry's does not support the use of this amazing sensor in LapTimer. Which is mind boggling because it works for camper edition.
Harry PLEASE!!! add the use of the sensor so us bikers can get more accurate data while using your laptimer. And so that this almost $100 wasnt wasted on a small red box.
Thhanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You want to use these sensors to measure acceleration? Camper uses these sensors for leveling, not sure it is a simple "enable the feature in LapTimer".

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
noydoc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by noydoc »

Hi,

I admit I didn't read the page too carefully, and also purchased a CC2650STK thinking I could permanently mount it in my car for accelerometer data.

https://www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios

The above page isn't clear.

I can't mount my phone in a way that makes for easy calibration, so I thought this was a workaround.

Help?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This sensor is fine for leveling a camper van, but makes no sense for track use. In case you can't use one of the acceleration presets, you can try individual calibration. In case this doesn't work either, you can calculate acceleration from GPS positions. Find this function in Lap List ‣ a lap ‣ Fixes ‣ second icon in the bottom ‣ Acceleration.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image