External Camera Test

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

External Camera Test

Post by Draven »

I had all sorts of trouble with auto start video with hero 4 session. Can you please add a test option where it cycles thru its start stop video recording logic to verify it communicates and works properly. I would check before entering track that it was connected and then get back in and nothing. Only using hero4 and not phones video. It should start video at start/stop finish line of track right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: External Camera Test

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The HERO4 Session gets a frequent topic here on the forum... So far, it is not compatible with LapTimer as it is not supported by GoPro's 3rd party interface. In case it works from time to time, that's by accident. Please record HERO4 Session videos manually currently, you can add footage to laps later. Once the Session is supported, this will be announced.

Testing external cam connections is easy: goto Timer ‣ Video and turn on Internal + External operation. Wait until the HERO is reported as connected. Press Preview and make sure the HERO placeholder is sliding in from the side and stays there. In case it does this, it will be fine in 95% of all cases. To create a small test video, press the red button in Video Preview, check the cam starts recording, and press the green button to stop it again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: External Camera Test

Post by Draven »

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk