Feature Suggestions after Latest Trackday

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Suggestions after Latest Trackday

Post by Harry »

Please do not expect me to answer on each feature request. I take them as input and re-priortize things in case I see there is a lot of demand for an item raised. Please do not misunderstand this, I'm really thankful for your thoughts and every item raised.

1) is on the list, but not scheduled yet
10) not planned, incomplete laps are supported to allow documentation of crash situations only
11) that's a hard limit for the current database schema; as sector based comparisons are not the preferred way to analyze data nowadays, I'm not sure I will change this in the future. Background: Today, sector times are used to get a rough indication in which area thing went wrong or are promising, sectors are used for training focus too. But since we have GPS based continuous recordings (instead of distinct times for a limited set of sectors), predictive lap times in real time, and aggregated gap analysis are a lot more powerful for analysis. Please have a look into the Train the Trainer document available from http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation, there are some hints on analysis tools provided in LapTimer.

LapTimer has sector analysis support built in too, but any tool focussing on this instead of continuous gap analysis is probably very dated. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Feature Suggestions after Latest Trackday

Post by ckowalc »

Harry, no worries. I appreciate your time and do not expect an answer for each feature. Just making sure it was not skipped over.

I agree on the continuous gap/time delta is much better analysis method but that would be hard to get a hold of C&D's data files and sector times are the one things they show. I guess I could have half the sectors on one track and half on another then duplicate the laps as a work-around