Enhanced VBO export

Request and discussion on new / to change features
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Enhanced VBO export

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry - A recent update (v20.2.4) mentions an "improved VBO import and export", but I don't see any additional channels (OBD) or video integration. Can you elaborate on what was improved ?

Thanks.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

There was a bug or two that made some .vbo files unreadable.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There is another issue with VBO imports in the recent Android version. I tested it for iOS only (same code) but found one of the system functions used for the import behaves strange for the latest Android development environment. I will release another Android version soon.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

OK... I was hoping the update was for video integration and the addition of any/all OBD channels per my sample code above... looking forward to that functionality when time permits.

Ed
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

v21, Spring 2017.
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry wrote:v21, Spring 2017.
Thanks Harry - I'm looking forward to it. Video integration with VBO and CT is probably the number one thing most are looking for. I would think you could use the overlay synchronization delay to align video and data, or perhaps another expert setting to align vbo data and video. CT seems to be very particular about filenames for video; i.e. the name of the vbo file and the mp4 need to match if I recall correctly. You might consider naming the vbo file the same as the video that is associated with the lap or laps being exported... would be an "ease of use" feature. Additionally, I would like to be able to export an already overlaid video to CT, in addition to raw video. This should perhaps be easy (?). If the lap(s) are already overlaid, a VBO export would associate that video. If the lap(s) are not overlaid, the VBO export would associate the current master video.

If you can also integrate any/all OBD data channels (when they exist for the laps being exported), that would be very helpful. From my previous testing, CT doesn't care what the channels are named; they are simply a stream of data points aligned to the GPS position. I was able to manually add channels for OBD wheel speed, RPM, throttle, gear, intake and coolant temps, etc. See my previous post and code sample above at:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3776#p19395

Thanks,
Ed
habeb00
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by habeb00 »

Definitely interested in the VBO+video into CT feature.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The video feature is implemented already and will get released as part of v21 (LapTimer's major Spring release). Please watch the forum or the Facebook page for the request for beta participants sometimes in January / February.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
habeb00
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by habeb00 »

Sounds great. By the way will this build also include support of multiple video files? Dashware provides a merge feature to address this issue, not ideal given it consumes additional disk space when the merged video file is created.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I'm not sure for v21. I have too many items already and need to shift some. But it is certainly on my list.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image